Discussions By Condition: Sleep disorders

Sleep troubles ...

Posted In: Sleep disorders 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Donatello
  • April 20, 2007
  • 03:08 PM

I have been having trouble sleeping for about 4-5 months now. At first I was sleeping for a couple of hours and waking up and repeating this cycle until time to really get up. I have been on a couple of sleep medications and currently am using Ambien CR 12.5 mg. I am only receiving about 4 to 5 hours of sleep and never really feel rested and recovered when I do wake up. Can this be an indication of a disease or illness because I have noticed that I am thinner than I was about 4-5 months ago. It seems like I am losing fat because my arms, chest, butt and legs are thinner and it seems like I have been working out because my muscle tone looks very good. Trouble is that I have not been lifting weights. My face is also thinner with my eyes, cheeks and temples looking sunken. Is this just aging? I am 37 years old and have lost about 15-20 pounds during this stretch of time. I have been to my doctor throughout this time and have been told that there is nothing wrong with me. My face hurts around my cheeks and when I look down (when my face is facing parallel to the ground) it also seems like my face just hangs loose ... it really is disturbing. Sorry if this rambles but I seem to remember things in a different sequence but I want to make sure that I list everything.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement