Discussions By Condition: Uterus conditions

Prolapsed Uterus

Posted In: Uterus conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: My2Boys
  • April 18, 2007
  • 02:26 AM

I gave birth to my second child this past December. After he was born, I hemmorhaged for 16 hours before the hospital realized there was a problem (only after I started passing softball size blood clots and passed out from blood loss)

Well, I ended up in emergency surgery to find out that I had several problems. 1 was that I had a "lazy uterus", meaning it wouldn't continue to contract after the birth to go back into shape. 2 was I had an internal tear that was bleeding and 3 was that a piece of the placenta was still stuck to the side of my uterus, which just made the blood flow from that piece.

Okay...my recovery from surgery was rough because I had lost so much blood and it felt like months before I had ANY energy.

At my 6 week appt, I found out that I have a prolapsed uterus. I am almost considering getting a second opinion from a new OB/GYN on everything that happened to me because I'm pretty sure that he is lying to me about what happened in the hospital (they had me so drugged up I don't remember a ton of it)

However, I wanted some opinions from ladies who have dealt with a prolapse. Was yours caused by an injury? Did you have to have a hysterectomy?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement