Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

a living nightmare

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: gabbmt
  • April 11, 2007
  • 03:38 AM

my dtr had a complete body lift, breast lift,lipo in her back, chin, and abd, with an arm lift too.she had this surgery in mexico from a dr. other friends had gone to with great results. she is 33. she had a 10 hr surgery and flew home to tx within 14 hrs of surgery.she was told to expect shortness of breathe from the surgery, and recovery time is norm of 6 wks. she was home ten days when her sob became increasingly worse.we phoned the dr. and he said that should not be happening at this time post surgery. i carried her to the er dept with her lips blue and her fingertips blue. she was immediately scanned and had a 13 mm pulmonary embolism in the branch of the pulmonary artery,the dr, staff had never seen one this big, and they fully expected her heart to explode with a pulse rate of 150 no bp could be obtained.she was given a clot buster to break up the pe and had a filter placed in her vena cava. then we had to worry about all her incisions bleeding out. her incisions had never started to heal due to the pe, so a hematoma formed behind the abd insicion , it became infected and it opened up exposing all the stitches and leaking a great amount. we went to a wound care center and the dr there opened it up and all this ugly fluid ran out and it smelled awful, a huge amt of skin was already necrotic. he referred us to a trauma surgeon and he had to remove 2 inches of her abd skin and tissue, the infection had already started to eat into her abd muscles. she had 4 kinds of bacteria, staph,mrsa,e coli and psuedmonous. she was in the hosp 11 days receiving antibioctics . 3 different ones every 4 hrs. since getting out the wound dr has had to debride another huge amt of tissue and it still has bacteria in it.we may have to go to a larger wound clinic or even have more surgically removed. i am, scared to death that she is going to get sepsis and die. tell me what you know about sepsis and abd injuries?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement