Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Depression - Physical Symptoms?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 10, 2007
  • 11:41 PM

I won't bother you with the mundane details of my plight, regardless I've been getting treated for depression nearly 2 years now. It's interesting, the therapy is somewhat helpful, the medicine is also useful (as it's kept me from sleeping 24/7).

My only interest is this, do any of you know what might be an actual illness, neurologically or physically that would cause some of my symptoms. Right now I'm wondering if it's actually all depression because my physical health is somewhat odd as of late.

I've experienced these recently:

1. Feeling like I was forgetting who I am, similar to years ago when I forgot who I was entirely for like 5 minutes while driving.

2. Felt very light headed, not dizzy but kinda foggy.

3. Trembling... I didn't notice it after I began Zoloft because it stopped, but recently I've begun shaking a little, though I'm not certain if it's my imagination.. it certainly seems weird.

4. My breathing has seemed to become more difficult, I thought it was allergies awhile back but allergy medicine did nothing. It's as if I dont' get enough air to feel like I had a deep breath, weird huh?

Anyway those are some things... maybe I'm imagining it, who knows... but can depression cause all this? I'm especially interested in the memory thing, I mean it's odd.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement