Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

anyone hear of a cure for rebound hypermeria

Posted In: Eye conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: baddabingtim
  • April 10, 2007
  • 05:33 PM

Yes I know this is overkill - I have a appointment tomorrow with the doc and want to know if anyone has any ideas - yes I am addicted to eye drops:mad:

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• just use preservative-free artificial tears and stop taking medicated eye drops unless prescribed.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Not great advice mate - we are beyond that stage - this needs medical attention as I have seeked
    baddabingtim 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • then you don't have "rebound hyperemia". that is a condition in which the eyes become red after stopping vasocontrictor drops.in your other post, you mention lotemax and restasis. presumably the prescribing doctor feels that inflammation of the ocular surface is the problem. restasis may help, but it causes redness in about 17% of patients.i hope the meds help you out... other things that can be helpful (including the preservative free tears) would be to avoid smoking or smoky environments, and some propose vitamin supplements and diets with Omega-3 fatty acids.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement