Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

each man is an island - don't want to be an island no more

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 7, 2007
  • 07:17 AM

i have panick attacks, mood swings that change violontly from depression to agression or both at the same time , mild hallucinations, and god knows what else, those are only the symptoms i could figure out for myeslf. i also think that i feel emotions differently than other people and my opinions and views of reality seem to also vary from "normal" , and the most difficult is that i find myself unable to share any of this or my emotions with anyone else no matter what i do or however i try. ive been living with this secret on my own with my real ME hiding behind a huge wall with only the pretend me showing (note its' not a liar-pretend, its more like i select bits of me and transform then according to social norms and what people are supposed to be like).
ive been to a psychiatrist because i was forced by my family and i really want to know exactly whats wrong and get a treatment for it so i can live a normal life but i couldnt even tell the psychiatrist about what i am going through and just fed him the "im-completely-normal" story like i tell everybody.

how am i supposed to break this barrier ive created? i want to escape but something keeps pulling me back. or does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with me?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• panic attacks, mood swings...what other sx do you have? rage, grief, depression?
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement