Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

each man is an island - don't want to be an island no more

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 7, 2007
  • 07:17 AM

i have panick attacks, mood swings that change violontly from depression to agression or both at the same time , mild hallucinations, and god knows what else, those are only the symptoms i could figure out for myeslf. i also think that i feel emotions differently than other people and my opinions and views of reality seem to also vary from "normal" , and the most difficult is that i find myself unable to share any of this or my emotions with anyone else no matter what i do or however i try. ive been living with this secret on my own with my real ME hiding behind a huge wall with only the pretend me showing (note its' not a liar-pretend, its more like i select bits of me and transform then according to social norms and what people are supposed to be like).
ive been to a psychiatrist because i was forced by my family and i really want to know exactly whats wrong and get a treatment for it so i can live a normal life but i couldnt even tell the psychiatrist about what i am going through and just fed him the "im-completely-normal" story like i tell everybody.

how am i supposed to break this barrier ive created? i want to escape but something keeps pulling me back. or does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with me?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• panic attacks, mood swings...what other sx do you have? rage, grief, depression?
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement