Discussions By Condition: Ear conditions

Recurring earache and sore throat

Posted In: Ear conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 5, 2007
  • 06:53 PM

I continue to get a recurring earache combined with a sore throat. (When I swallow, I can feel teh pain go up to my ear through my eustacian tube). This has been going on for almost three months now. The first time, I went to the Dr who gave me a 10 day supply of antibiotics, my symptoms went away but within two days of completing them, it came back. I went back to the Dr. and he prescribed the same anti-biotics. The same thing happened. It went away and returned within days of finishing the anitbiotics. It continues to occur about every two weeks now. Sometimes switching from the right side to left and back. I finally went to an ear dr. who said he couldn't see an infection, but noticed I had thrush. He gave me medicine for that along with allergy medicine. I normallly take claritan, but it did seem to help, so He prescribed Zertec and also gave me samples of Allegra. Neither of which helped, As i am sitting here again with another earache which hurts when I swallow.

Can anyone give me some advice? I am starting to think it is all in my head. (no pun intended)

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement