Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Anxiety & Depression or Digestive Disorder

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 5, 2007
  • 05:59 AM

I have this wierd problem that nevers goes away. When I eat or drink anything (even water) I get a severe bloated, pressure, or tight kind of feeling. It's intense like my stomach is going to explode. I can eat whatever the heck I want but it is the quantity of food that will bother me. When I first got the problem which seemed kind of sudden I got major panic attacks but only after eating or drinking. If my stomach is calm then there is no problem. It never goes away, always feels like a bubble all day long and always worse with food or liquids of any kind. I also have a swollen throat that never lets up. Seems that the problem with my stomach is the same problem in my throat. I have been checked from head to toe and no problems. All the anxiety meds do the opposite to me that the're supposed to. Haven't tried any antidepressants other than Elavil which kept me up as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• What doctors have you been to? Neurologist? Gastrointerologist? How old are you?Shula
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Sounds like acid reflux or GERD. You can feel it in your throat because the acid hits the esophagus, and it feels like a big burp that won't come out. You could also have a physical malformation at the top of your stomach. Try seeing a gastroenterologist.
    deadlysauce 67 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have this wierd problem that nevers goes away. When I eat or drink anything (even water) I get a severe bloated, pressure, or tight kind of feeling. It's intense like my stomach is going to explode. I can eat whatever the heck I want but it is the quantity of food that will bother me. When I first got the problem which seemed kind of sudden I got major panic attacks but only after eating or drinking. If my stomach is calm then there is no problem. It never goes away, always feels like a bubble all day long and always worse with food or liquids of any kind. I also have a swollen throat that never lets up. Seems that the problem with my stomach is the same problem in my throat. I have been checked from head to toe and no problems. All the anxiety meds do the opposite to me that the're supposed to. Haven't tried any antidepressants other than Elavil which kept me up as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have the same problem. I take "Vastat", now the disorder comes and goes, and rearly is severe. Hope I've been useful. Take care.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2009
    • 07:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • PECTROLYTE- IS MADE FOR GLOATTING AND COLITIS-IT WILL HELP IN ONLY 2 DAYS GET ANY CHOUGH MEDICATION FROM ANY STORE AND HAVE A TEASPOON EVERY SO OFTEN ...PUT THE CHOUGH MEDICINE IN YOUR MOUTH AND DRIBBLE IT DOWN.THE SWELLING FEELING WILL DISAPPEAR SOON I AM NOT TO SURE IF YOU WILL HAVE THIS MEDICATION WHERE U LIVE BUT AT ANY CHEMIST U CAN GET THE SAME SORT OF STUFF:p
    charmaine petzer 176 Replies
    • November 13, 2009
    • 08:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Fine, I suggest you to take an Endoscopy done. If that is normal, then it is an emotional problem. Avoid overeating. Take an antigastric medication daiy like Esomeprazole with Domperidone 1 hour before food in the morning and night. That should see you through it.
    drhsbharath 1 Replies
    • November 13, 2009
    • 09:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My problems are really similar to this! Have you figured out what is wrong yet?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 22, 2009
    • 03:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If your results shows negative towards depression test, then for sure it will be some digestive problem. Drug Rehab
    marymn 4 Replies Flag this Response
  • Try gettign checked for adrenal insuffiency . I have this wierd problem that nevers goes away. When I eat or drink anything (even water) I get a severe bloated, pressure, or tight kind of feeling. It's intense like my stomach is going to explode. I can eat whatever the heck I want but it is the quantity of food that will bother me. When I first got the problem which seemed kind of sudden I got major panic attacks but only after eating or drinking. If my stomach is calm then there is no problem. It never goes away, always feels like a bubble all day long and always worse with food or liquids of any kind. I also have a swollen throat that never lets up. Seems that the problem with my stomach is the same problem in my throat. I have been checked from head to toe and no problems. All the anxiety meds do the opposite to me that the're supposed to. Haven't tried any antidepressants other than Elavil which kept me up as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have this wierd problem that nevers goes away. When I eat or drink anything (even water) I get a severe bloated, pressure, or tight kind of feeling. checked from head to toe and no problems. All the anxiety meds do the opposite to me that the're supposed to. Haven't tried any antidepressants other than Elavil which kept me up as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.ok- first google ELAVIL- from what I remember that is not a good thing to be taking! I remember it being VERY bad indeed- but google it and please- do not go to the same product website because of course they will say good things about it- as will anyone who is affiliated with them- go for side effects sites and the people's voice! NEVER Put anything in you that you did not THOROGHLY investigate! There are NO watchdogs out there to keep you from swallowing poison- just because it is for sale does not mean it is SAFE!Next- go through the labels of your fav foods! ditch any and all with the following ingredients:sucralose /Splenda, or any little packet with that in it! ( owned by Johnson and Johnson- who uses it btw on its pills- to coat them so they are sweet!)aspartame or A.K.A. acesulfame, aspartic acid, equal, etc...the names keep changing so you don't find it = when you look- sneaky indeed- why? because they know you are looking for it- I know that sounds paranoid but it is poison and many know it and it has been highly controversial- why is it on the market- ??? you tell me after you have researched it. Hawaii, NM, the air force, Japan, have all banned it- strnagely enough presently it is in japanese foods made by ajinomoto, the company who mass produces it and owns over 40% of its stock.ditch also polysorbate 80, polysorbate 60, microwaves because it alters and destroys the foods you eat so they can not give you nutrition! ( enzymes and proteins found in stools unused due to them being altered and molecularly changed!) also found in stools is plastic textures- and plastic is found adhered to the stomach lining via ultrasound! thanks to the microwave- eat FRESH AND RAWbuy from the farms via delivery services- they can be found on line- right to your door! also avoid like the plague= Gardasil if you want to know why join the groups on Yahoo- truthaboutgardasil and letstalkaboutgardasilthe moms will tell you or you can google it and see what you get- stay away from MERCK sites tho they make it! and many political groups are pushing it too- WIG, etc... because they are given big incentives- if you get my drift! google their gifts and contributions and see what I mean- pushing poisons is no better than street drug dealing! even if the collar is white! stay healthy and remember AFNOR quality herbals is the way to go - not the "nature's chain store" that doesn't know what they sell- believe me adulterated and plain old poison- like STRIP cleanse that literally has your blood coming out of your stools - making you pass out- I know I have seen - AFNOR quality only - pay the price of health and see you are number one! you are worth it- LESS BUT BEST! means you actually get more!
    founddog 188 Replies Flag this Response
  • dont worry i am also suffered from same problem... first u should take endoscope to conform any gastric problem.. if result is negative u should consult psychotherapy doctor .. get soon and wake up... take care my email id krish2ec@gmail.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 6, 2010
    • 11:38 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement