Discussions By Condition: Sleep disorders

Insomnia.. or anxiety?

Posted In: Sleep disorders 0 Replies
  • Posted By: sugaree401
  • March 26, 2007
  • 08:09 AM

I'm the new girl... here's my story....

I have been a "night person" for as long as i can remember. Now, with two children in middle school, a full-time stint as a college grad student, and an owner of a company, i no longer have the luxury of staying up all night. Yet, when my schedule tells me i must go to bed at a certain time in order to function in my AM duties, i still cannot sleep. I can happily stay awake untill five in the morning, then, when 7am rolls around, i'm a total b-word to everyone. My poor kids are scared of me!
I try to go to bed at ten or eleven with my husband, but i just lay there, tossing and turning untill two am, frustrated and grumpy and pissy. My mind will not shut off!!! I think about everything- from what we talked about at dinner, to probs with my hubby, to unresolved issues with people from years ago who are now long gone, to politics, to... you name it, and i've spent the night obsessively thinking about it.
I've tried the B-Mod suggestions of regulating times and rooms, i've tried sleeping pills, i've tried couting sheep, i've triend eliminating caffeine...
What can i do? i'm a cranky, nagging, uptight b-word to my family because of my consistant lack of sleep. Yet, i only feel as if i really function at my best in the late hours. How can i be productive during normal times, so i can shut my brain off when i crawl into bed?

does anyone else feel like their personality is defined by their "worst" representation? (i.e. sleep-deprived and irrationally irritiable?)

Cheryl

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement