Discussions By Condition: Sleep disorders

hurt myself while asleep

Posted In: Sleep disorders 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 25, 2007
  • 11:19 PM

I am a 27 year old female and I hurt myself in my sleep. I have searched the internet but have not been able to find anything on this. If anyone has experienced this or knows of someone who has, please share with me your information and findings! I claw myself in my sleep so bad sometimes that i bleed. I don't do it every night, maybe three times a month, but it scares me. I WAKE UP AND MY NAILS ARE DEEP IN MY SKIN! PLEASE HELP! thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Have you been having any nightmares that you can remember? If so then you're probably thrashing and clawing in your sleep causing yourself to scratch at yourself. Just this morning I woke up with my hand in pain and when I looked at it I saw a mark on my palm like one of my nails had dug into it. I didn't know how to react to that. So just in case it happens again I'm going to cut my nails until their too short to scratch myself. I think you should try this too and see if it works. Good luck!
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 10, 2014
    • 08:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Me too, I awake with blood all over my pillar, I cannot find out why this happens, so annoying ,any ideas people's?
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 9, 2014
    • 05:23 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement