Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

post void dribbling - doctor says nothing wrong

Posted In: Urinary conditions 9 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 20, 2007
  • 04:52 AM

i've had this problem for over a year now. after i urinate, when i sit down, or twist my body in a certain direction, extra urine dribbles out.

i had what i thought was a bad uti about two years ago and waited a couple months to go to the doc because it seemed to be clearing up on it's own. but it never seemed to go away completely, and now i'm stuck with this problem, it also burns a bit when i pee (although when i drink a lot of water, it's not as bad).

anyhow, i've been tested for stds, have had several urine tests (including a home test from the drug store), and got my urinary tract scoped (ouch...i am male by the way) -- everything came back clean. my urologist (who i don't think is giving this much though) says nothing is wrong and that this will eventually clear up on it's own. well, needless to say, since i've already had this for two years, i have no confidence that it's going to go away on its own.

i've seen other people on webmd with this same problem and none of the doctors over there EVER answer there questions. i think it's a conspiracy! :P

any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• Hi,I too have this issue, I was told its called "after dribble syndrome".. If you google it you will prolly find the leaflet I was given.. I have been suffering with it for about 2 years, even worse now is that I get a sensation afterwards especially when sitting down in the tip...I was told supposedly its normal for a guy my age (34)... Anyway I can live with the after dribble but not the sensation which I am going to try and get some help with.sorry I can't be of much further help to you.cheers
    tingleman 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Ive been dealing with the same issue of dribbling for several years now. I'm only 33. I'm also having alot of lower back problems. I was recently told by a Chiropractor that buldging disks in the lower back can be pressing on nerves that affect the bladder, testicals, penis, rectum, wich can cause the dribbling. I too was told by a urologist nothing was wrong. Anyways, good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 7, 2007
    • 07:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm having this phenomena too.My doctor gave me the following advice and it seems to work:After finishing to uriniate, push softly with one finger the path from your rectum to the testicles (the direction is important - from the rectum to the testicles).This operation will flush the leftover which were captured in the pipe (at least in my case ).Hope that it'll help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2009
    • 07:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Welcome to the post-void dribble club... :-)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6-2JRJOV_A&feature=relatedCivilian:I guess the exercise to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles is exactly like when we hold or try to stop our urine flow and maintain that upward contraction for 5 second intervals and then relax. Will strengthening the pelvic floor muscles help with slight urine "dribble?" I assume so? Doc:Yes, your description of a pelvic muscle contraction is very good and accurate. Once you have achieved better strength and tone of this group of muscles, you should likely notice improvement in urinary control--whether it is stress incontinence, urgency incontinence, or post-void dribble.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • read goldadvice blog and gave it a try. For me it's been an instant cure after many years of putting up with post void dribbing.Thank you goldadvice.
    decorman 1 Replies
    • October 2, 2009
    • 03:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My wife came up with a genius idea for me after suffering for years and becoming self conscious. I place a pad (a female menstruation pad to be exact) in the front of my underwear. This ensures that even if I do leak, it is absorbed and no one is ever the wiser. I am relieved to see I am not alone in this problem.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2010
    • 02:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My teenage son has been dealing with this issue also. I read online if you press your fingers on the spot behind the testicles but before the anus just after urinating the extra fluid trapped in the urethra will empty. It worked!! See more tips on the website link below.http://www.continence.org.au/pages/after-dribble.html
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I've been suffering from the same problem for past 5 years now and recently, on the suggestion of my neurologist, i even underwent an MRI of my spinal cord which ended up showing some early Schmorl's nodes.. My doc says it is okay.. Earlier, i've taken tons of antibiotics for years together. They did not help a bit and then my urologists termed my condition to be normal and even suggested some anti-depression drugs(obviously, even they could do nothing)... I'm held up in this problem since long and i desperately want a respite... btw, i'm only 22 years old and i want to live a normal life A.S.A.P. Please help me!!!:(
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 15, 2011
    • 07:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey guys, I'm 36 and I got this about 3 years ago. My urologist says it's quite common around 35 for males to get this, he calls it 'post void dribbling'. If you do some kegels and strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and do what's called milking the urethra it's not that bad. I also wipe or use a stall rather than a urinal if at all possible to wipe the tip after urinating. Don't feel bad it's quite normal for Men and Women. My doctor says a lot of men don't even realize they have it because usually it's a small amount that gets absorbed into the underwear. Eric
    Eric B 1 Replies
    • November 10, 2011
    • 00:40 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement