Discussions By Condition: Endocrine conditions

I think I have Cushings, can you help?

Posted In: Endocrine conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: bettyboobop
  • March 17, 2007
  • 11:57 AM

I am currently a medical mystery. My rheumatologist thinks I have Lupus, but I am not convinced and was searching back through all my medical records and come across some from 10yrs ago regarding Cushings.

Back then I was only 22 and was sent to an Endo because of abnormal hormones, high BP, cystic acne and facial hair. they thought I may have PCOS.
they did the 24hour cortisol test that came back Positive at 568, which I think is high, then I did a 1mg Dex test overnight, which I can find the actual results for but it is hand written on my notes as "apparently normal"

Over the last 9 years I have gained 24kgs (about 50 pounds??) have a buffalo hump which I have had for a number of years now and I look about 6 months pregnant, my face is very puffy and red, and I do have some arthritis and some degeneration in my spine that no-one can explain.

I am completely fatigued, I have developed cognitive problems, continual Tinnitus, my Blood pressure is still high (on meds), I have bad reflux, loads of stretchmarks, hirsutism, my hair has thinned dramatically and I had diabetes while pregnant and my doc says its only a matter of time before I get it because I am always borderline with my glucose.
Oh, and I constantly have liver pain and abnormal liver enzymes.
Double oh, also I have had dizzy spells since I was 16, my doc thinks they are called nystagmus.

My rheumy has me on Prednisone for my joint pain and fatigue, but honestly I feel worse, kind of out of my mind and on edge.

So when I came across all my old tests that at the time said it didn't look like I had Cushings, now I wonder if it was just begining all those years ago.

it kind freaks me out, I have only been on Prednisone for 5 days, but I have had all the physical symptoms of cushings for years and don't want the prednisone to make me worse.

I can't find anything about taking Prednisone with undiagnosed Cushings.

I am kind of too scared to bring this up with my current doctor since I think she already thinks I am a hypo.

Thanks if you made it this far,

Hugs,
Bettyboobop

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement