Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

anxiety

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 8 Replies
  • Posted By: brian2
  • March 16, 2007
  • 03:41 AM

hello im am 30 years old been up for days becouse of my i think anxiety having chest pains all the time this **** is driving me crazy been to the hospital 3 times in the past month they say its anxiety but resently i have been getting pains in my right arm very sharp one and i having been going to the bathroom all the time number 2 cant sleep very tired dont know what to do brian

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• Hi Brian, I understand what you are going through. I have gone through it too. When I was about your age & after getting older. You need to have a medication prescribed to you that can help you calm down. You can do this at the hospital or by a Dr. If you haven't all ready?you will get some relief so you can start to work on the under lining reason's for your anxiety. You will get better in time & you won't have to be afraid. I wish you well, keep us all informed on your progress. little by little
    little by little 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • www.mecola.com - search for EFT manual and try it. Print it out.IME excellent for almost all emotional issues.Don't know until you try.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have the same problem. I have been dealing with this for about 2 years now. What I find is really helpful, is if you have someone that you can trust and is very strong willed, call them when you're having an attack and have them talk to you. I take meds for this now but had a hard time finding something that worked good, and the first drug I went on actually made them worse.
  • HELLO,I have anxiety and i feel when you go to the doctor all they want to do is but you on drugs.That is not a good thing cause you depend on them the rest of your life. What i have learned since i was dienosted with anxiety is that it is all mind over matter .When you feel that you are going to have an attach you start buy talking to your self,telling your self that you are ok and this is going to pass.IF that does not go well breath heavely into a paper bagfor a minuite this has helped me out more times then i can tell you. Also try to not get your self worked up when you feel that you are having an attack just relaxe. I hope i gave some helpful ideas?
  • It very well could be anxiety and the suggestions above are great for that. (You can even have an anxiety attack when you don't think you are anxious--crazy I know.) Classic symptoms of an anxiety attack are the chest pain (usually sharp in nature and VERY painful), rapid breating (30-60x per minute--use your watch or have someone else time you), numbness and/or tingling around the lips and in the hands and/or feet, spasms of the hands and/or feet, and even passing out. The good news is that slowing your breathing will lessen and then relieve all of these. If it isn't anxiety...have you had your gallbladder checked. Sounds crazy, but when we form in the womb our nerves are like a bunch of strings of yarn and they twist as the cells divide and we grow so arm/shoulder pain can be your gallbladder. Good Luck
    emsbabydoll 73 Replies Flag this Response
  • I had many of the same symptoms for years....now on Cymbalta, it is working wonders for me! If that doesn't work, keep trying....took many medications until I found one that worked for me. Good Luck.DustyNever, never, never give up! Winston Churchill
    ddustyy 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • hello im am 30 years old been up for days becouse of my i think anxiety having chest pains all the time this **** is driving me crazy been to the hospital 3 times in the past month they say its anxiety but resently i have been getting pains in my right arm very sharp one and i having been going to the bathroom all the time number 2 cant sleep very tired dont know what to do brianBrian, I work in a hospital and anxiety is a terrible thing and I really feel for you. I just wonder how long you have had this problem. I only ask, because some medical problems will present with extreme anxiety. One such problem can be Mitral valve prolapse. It is a heart condition that can cause chest pain and anxiety. You should see a cardiologist if you haven't already to rule out any cardiac problems. Mitral valve prolapse can be missed if the proper diagnostic tests are not done. Good Luck!
  • Sitting up at 3:50AM because I can't sleep, due to pain and anxiety, and saw your post and feel so much for you. Have had undiagnosed anxiety for many years, most of my life and it morphs into so many things - depression, pain disorders, heart problems, agoraphobia, and many phobias. Now that I am finally beginning to understand it, makes it a little easier, but still have sessions where the control is difficult. Found that xanax, if I take it right at the beginning of feelings, which we come to recognize, helps - doesn't cure it - but lets me cope. Recognizing it is the problem. Hope something works for you -
    erni119 14 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement