Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Hashimoto's: Mercury Poisoning or Pituitary Tumor? Doctors, please help.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 13, 2007
  • 05:47 AM

I'm going to scream. I can't take one more light consideration of this. I feel as though I'm falling apart and I'm tired of the presumption that I'm too stupid or unreflective to distinguish between depression and physical need. I need medical help and despite many reachings out, I have not been able to connect with a doctor that views this as important. Please read on if you feel you can help.

I'm a 28 y/o female, 5'0, 150lbs. who was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis by both Endo and Rheumatologist. I have also recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after running tests to clear Lupus and other like autoimmune diseases. I have been on levothyroxine therapy for almost three years and my symptoms have not improved. My blood work has improved only mildly. In fact, I'm feeling worse. Please read on.

Symptomatic Manifestations:
Mitral valve prolapse (slight leak), intermittent tachycardia, incredible difficulty swallowing (sometimes even saliva), intermittent diarreah and constipation, intolerance to even mild cold, severe chronic symmetrical Arthritis of metatarsal region in feet, bone pain in lower back, hips, neck, and chest, muscle pain everywhere else, chronic cystic acne for the last ten years, Headaches (which I never used to get) increased frequency and intensity, shortened and more painful menstrual cycle, severe Anxiety attacks, feeling of breathing through a straw, recently started snoring severely, feeling of a lump in my throat, waking up in the middle of the night for sugar yet craving salty and fatty foods during the day, severe chronic fatigue--feels like drunkeness, especially after eating, "brain fog" (as though too many thoughts are trying to go through at once and they all get jammed up, unable to complete a thought), difficulty speaking, stumbling over words and blending words at a higher rate than normal, unrefreshing sleep, blurry vision without diagnosable physical cause, low-normal body temp and blood pressure, high Cholesterol despite dietary restriction, continual pain in sides and lower back/abdomen, dentist reported bone loss in jaw but bone scan revealed no bone loss elsewhere, tooth mobility, waking up in the middle of the night with leg cramps so bad I can only describe them as "rigor," myoclonus in face, eyelids, fingers, legs, arms, feeling like there is something on my skin when nothing is there (not even a hair or spiderweb), forty pound of weight gain in abdominal region.

Medication:
I have been on 75mcg of Levothyroxine, 5mcg of Cytomel and 1200 units of vitamin D per day for the last six months (previously just 50mcg of Levothyroxine, prior to that Amour Thyorid, low dose).

My numbers:
Initial Diagnosis, 165 lbs.,
06/13/05: (TPOAb) 5908 H IU/ml (0-34 ref. interval), TSH 2. 189 uIU/ml (.350-5. 500 ref. interval), Total Cholesterol 233 H mg/dL (100-199 ref. interval) LDL 163 H mg/dL (0-99 ref. interval) I restrict foods high in animal fats, and had for the previous two years-- family history of high Cholesterol and other symptoms.

Most recent test, 150 lbs.
02/06/07: 2141 IU/ml (0-34 ref. interval), TSH 4. 157 uIU/mL (ref. interval .350-5. 500), (No lipid panel for comparison)

Questions:
I suspect that my problem is related either to the pituitary, or to amalgam mercury poisoning. Where do I go next? Who do I consult with? Should I be tested for Lyme's, Cushing's? What else should I be aware of?

Thank You...

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement