Discussions By Condition: Back conditions

a new vertebrae????????

Posted In: Back conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: janesbaby
  • March 12, 2007
  • 07:58 PM

I am new here so bare with me. My question is .... I was diagnosed with scoliosis when i was about 10 or so and my doctor told me that if i ever got pregnant i would be on bedrest or my back would snap. with my first pregnancy i was fine no back pain or anything with my second i had back pain from the first of my pregnancy and it still hurts to this day {but that is a whole other story} anyways after i had my second i had a lump sticking out of my back my ob sent me to a spine clinic and they did x'rays he told me that i had grew a new vertebrae he said that its pretty common. i had never heard of it before. no one i have ever talked to has heard of that happening. so if anyone has ever heard of that please let me know and also if you have an explanation of why that would happen it has been 7 years since this has happened and i am a little curious if anyone elce has ever heard of this thanks :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement