Discussions By Condition: Cancer

Insulinoma in dogs

Posted In: Cancer 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 9, 2006
  • 05:01 PM

:(

Hello, I just lost my dog diagnosed w/ insulimona. She was a pug..7 yrs. old, starting loosing her appetite 2 wks before the dreadful day.
She had a red tumor during the process on her belly. She lost weight, appetite, very fatigued. I found her lathargic on her side when I came home from work, yellow on her eyes, belly and ears, first impression was liver failure, rushed her down to the Vet, they kept her on IV's Dextrox etc. for 4 days did a ultrasound and discovered a mass near her pancreas and offered to do surgery.
We took her home and brought her to a local vet and he stated that surgery or euthunisia was the only 2 options, and surgery was a very risky one because they have to reconstruct the duodeum and they die anyways after the surgery. It was a shock and she has been euthunized since then.

I know this is a web site for people that have insulimona but I feel that animals are very simular to humans and people need to know there is really no cure or cause. Sometimes they can be treated to keep the insulin levels up but how long can that last. WE need to find out what causes this dreadful rare disease. If anyone out there knows about this please inform me. This is obviously my first experience w/ this and I could be all wrong and ill informed.

Thank you,

Pamela :confused: :( ::(

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement