Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Any good pills for mental stress & anxiety?

Posted In: Mental conditions 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 10, 2007
  • 10:06 AM

I saw a new commercial about a couple of months ago regarding stress and anxiety. I did not write down the name of the pill. If anyone could help with the name I would greatly appreciate it. I have lot of problems like I can’t sleep properly, have frequent mood swings some time I am happy and some times I feel so low that I could harm my self. I don’t know what can I do

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Do you have any more memory of the commercial? There are so many anti-anxiety medications out there. Don’t go for drugs. Try using Theramood. You even don’t have to take the prescription from any doctor. But if you are already consulting any doctor then ask him. I am sure he will also approve. I am taking it. Things are getting normal now. Get well soon.
    des_4m 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi,,,After i had my baby in 2005 i suffered server anxiety and Also still suffering from pre-baby Blues a year and a half later,Two weeks ago i was put on Trofanil.It has helped me To sleep better at night and also really relaxed me,I'm starting to feel ''Normal''again.This is the only medication that has helped me threw this,But Good luck you with, Anxiety is a really horrible thing to be going threw,, all the best...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I saw a new commercial about a couple of months ago regarding stress and anxiety. I did not write down the name of the pill. If anyone could help with the name I would greatly appreciate it. I have lot of problems like I can’t sleep properly, have frequent mood swings some time I am happy and some times I feel so low that I could harm my self. I don’t know what can I doI don't think that you should be taking anything on your own. You better addressed a doctor to try to figure out the causes of your mood swings and stress and anxiety. Maybe there are underlying medical causes.
    KnowSUMthings 153 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yeah, drugs aren't the answer for everything. Not for most things, try natural things before drugs.
    SSychedelicSSheep 16 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yeah I do agree with you SSSS...drugs are not the right choice for stress relief.
    marymn 4 Replies Flag this Response
  • I saw a new commercial about a couple of months ago regarding stress and anxiety. I did not write down the name of the pill. If anyone could help with the name I would greatly appreciate it. I have lot of problems like I can’t sleep properly, have frequent mood swings some time I am happy and some times I feel so low that I could harm my self. I don’t know what can I doSwings between possible depression and euphoria (both of which may have sleeping problems as a symptom, more sleep needed during depression, less sleep taken during euphoria, but not necessarily less sleep actually needed) sound like Bipolar Disorder. You need to see a psychiatrist. Do *NOT* take medication before seeing one. Explain all symptoms, no matter how trivial, and anything else you think might be important, don't rely on the psychiatrist explicitly asking you for all the symptoms.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Might be a good idea to pay attention to what you are thinking at the time you are feeling stressed. Sometimes we can have negative thoughts that produce stress without really realizing it. Just watch what you're thinking and then flip it to something positive.I think stress therapy is one of the most effective and beneficial way to keep away from depressions or stress.
    drkuelker 1 Replies
    • December 21, 2010
    • 07:35 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement