Discussions By Condition: Infectious diseases

Illness from fertilizers?

Posted In: Infectious diseases 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 8, 2007
  • 10:12 PM

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting sick after handling animal fertilizers? My husband was working in the garden with dehydrated cow manure and probably inhaled particles. He was very sick the next week with flu like symptoms. He ended up in the hospital twice but they cannot find out what it is. The doctor indicated that there wouldn't be any "live" bacteria because fertilizer is processed.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• This is just a suggestion. but maybe their were mouse droppings or mouse urine somehow mixed in this . and feild mice carry Hantavirus. It can get really serious if not treated. try that. we live on a farm and I take immune boosters and wear a mask whenever I clean up mouse droppings and urine and use clorox bleach to wipe up mess before sweeping or vacuuming.May the Lord be with you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I always used fertilizers and black top soil from our local garden place.. I thought it was all safe even though the top soil smelled for a few days..Drs in Denver think maybe thats where I get these mycrobacteria..One Ill get rid of, the othr Ill have for the rest of my life along with IVs and meds on and off forever. I would not believe any fertilizer to be steril or any dirt anywhere.. These bacteria live in soil and water, they can make you sick if yur immune system is off for some reason. I don't have aids. Ask your dr to check for mycrobacteria. It is abtained from sputum sample or broncoscopy..I was sick for years before it was finally diagnosed. Best of luck .
    cathln 6 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement