Discussions By Condition: Fertility conditions

iud removal and pregnancy

Posted In: Fertility conditions 68 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 8, 2007
  • 03:40 AM

i am new here, and am not sure how to registar, but here it goes, i got my iud taken out january 12. i started my period that day, my husband and i are ttc, so i broke out the opks and sure enough on cd 14 i ovulated, well according to the opk(answer brand). i had 3 days of positive opks, along with the ewcm and little twinges in my right side, so im assuming i ovulated. well i havent had a period since, i took many hpts and still nothing. to date im almost 30 days late, and im assuming im not pregnant bc i tested all the way to when i was 22 DPO. i even had what i thought was implant bleeding on 9DPO, but still im not pregnant, nor have i had a period, anyone know if this could be a problem with the iud removal? im at a loss, i cant figure out why im so late and i despiratly want to try again

oh and i thought that the reason you had a period was to get rid of the egg you ovulated, but didnt get fertalized, what happened to the egg i ovulated? this may sound real stupid to you, but i have no where else to turn, my body is playing evil tricks on me;)

Reply Flag this Discussion

68 Replies:

• How long did you have your IUD? Was it copper or Mirena (hormones added)? Either way it sometimes takes a few months to get your periods back to normal. It sounds like you are really trying to conceive - I wouldn't try too hard and just relax a bit more, as this can also contribute to your problems. I am not a huge fan of ovulation kits as trying to conceive is SO much more than just knowing you're ovulating and then having sex... You should visit your obgyn to rule out a possible ectopic pregnancy. Do you have any cramping pains? DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • i had the mirena, and i had a little cramping and knew that eptipic was possible, so i calld my doc, he said that even with eptopic it would show up on an hpt, your right i just need to sit back and relax(easier said then done lol) i was a little concerned because my ob said that after the iud removal, your period should come back regular, but i read a little on it yesterday, and your right, they said it may take a couple months to "recooperate" thanks!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • If you are still feeling poor after a week or so, I would insist they do a blood test for pregnancy, as a home test might not show positive for an ectopic (I don't agree with your doc on that) Give yourself some time and perhaps try hot compresses for relief. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • thanks, i think thats a good idea, my doc has a huge practice and acts as if im burdning him if i call with concerns, so i think it would be a good idea to change doctors! ill try to compress to see if it helps, im guessing it will because ive been taking baths and that helps alot, i dont know why i didnt think of that:rolleyes: thanks againtaylor
    taysmommy 5 Replies Flag this Response
  • Please do not listen to anything Shula or Acuann tell you. My sister just passed away because Shula and Acuann told her that her doctor was wrong and she did not have a serious condition. Acuann even told her to get acupuncture to get healed. These people are going to be investigated for practicing medicine without a license. Shula and Acuann are specifically wanted in connection with my sisters homocide. Thats right homocide. If she would have listened to her doctor instead of these internet quacks she would still be here today. Rest assured I will do everything in my power to put these two behind bars and shut this website down for good.
  • thanks for the advise, they didnt advise me not to go to the doctor, actually the opposite, they advised me to Go to the doc and be tested again, my condolences
    taysmommy 5 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have a question & could use some help>>>> I also had IUD for almost 9 yrs. It was put in 7 month after 2nd childs birth. I had it removed in Feb. Have had normal cycles every month since. DH an I have used condoms as BC. Yesterday we had a problem. When I looked up my ovulation days on web much to my dissmay yesterday was my peak day. I have heard horror stories about people gettong PG with IUD and even just after having it taken out. Does anyone know if you are more likely to get pregnant or is it harder?
  • If you are still feeling poor after a week or so, I would insist they do a blood test for pregnancy, as a home test might not show positive for an ectopic (I don't agree with your doc on that) Give yourself some time and perhaps try hot compresses for relief. Best wishesDOM A ectopic pregnancy will show up on a home pregnancy test as positive if it is after 2 weeks of conception, just like a normal pregnancy.
    GaNurse 23 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi,I had my Mirena removed on the 23/05/07 i had a very light bleed on the 09/06/07 and 10/06/07, but apart from that nothing, I am trying to conceive, right now my clothes are tight around my waist and my breast are starting to get sore i have tried a pregnancy test but reads as neg although i know it is too early to test. I am not sure when my period is due as i have not had one for so long with the coil it has been difficult to work out when i will ovalate. I know i am being impaitent. any advice will be much appriciated.Thanks
  • I am right there with you. My son is 6 months. I had an IUD (mirena) put in at my 6 week postpartum. I had it taken out on May 17. I had started normal cycles by 8 weeks postpartum and my milk supply dried up mid April. So, I had been having normal cycles and thought I had one after it was removed, but now we are in mid July and still no period. I had 3 negative tests and am not ready for another yet. I can't figure out if the tests could be negative. I am trying to ignore any "signs". I figure if I start thinking about it, I'll convince myself I am. Does anyone have any advice?
  • hi i had my mirena coil out on 13/8/07 i had had it in for nearly 3yrs i never stopped compleatly with my periods and have pco and endermeotrios (can't spell lol) my periods got lighter over the months then i just had every 25/28th day the brown u get before ur due so i knew roughly each month that would of been when i was due my period, like i say i had it removed on 13/8/07 but my brown stuff excuse the wording was due on the 21/8/07 i was fine after i had the coil removed then on the 15/8/07 just two hole days after removal as i had it removed in the morning i started to bleed heavy and flooded super tampons and towels i continued to bleed like this for 3days then just stopped no slowing down lightening up just stopped, i hav'nt had anything since is this normal was this my period ? i am trying to concive i just want to work out when my next period is due. Before i had the coil fitted i used to bleed really heavy and painfully that 3 day bout i had was heavy and i had a few cramps but not as bad as i had, had before any comments ?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 24, 2007
    • 05:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• hi i had my mirena coil out on 13/8/07 i had had it in for nearly 3yrs i never stopped compleatly with my periods and have pco and endermeotrios (can't spell lol) my periods got lighter over the months then i just had every 25/28th day the brown u get before ur due so i knew roughly each month that would of been when i was due my period, like i say i had it removed on 13/8/07 but my brown stuff excuse the wording was due on the 21/8/07 i was fine after i had the coil removed then on the 15/8/07 just two hole days after removal as i had it removed in the morning i started to bleed heavy and flooded super tampons and towels i continued to bleed like this for 3days then just stopped no slowing down lightening up just stopped, i hav'nt had anything since is this normal was this my period ? i am trying to concive i just want to work out when my next period is due. Before i had the coil fitted i used to bleed really heavy and painfully that 3 day bout i had was heavy and i had a few cramps but not as bad as i had, had before any comments ? First of all you need to relax and not try to figure out your periods until several months from now - you just had your IUD removed and it can take up to 6 months or longer to get back on track...please be patient with this process! I would just keep a journal of when you get your periods, and assume the bleeding you just had is a period. If there is any heavy bleeding or pain or if you start having longer periods or shorter cycles, then I would get this checked. Both PCOS and endometriosis can cause problems with fertility - please look into acupuncture as this is extremely helpful for both of these problems. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • August 25, 2007
    • 11:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi i wrote in on the 24th aug and you replyed on the 25th aug to just relax and it will take time for my period to return well like i said i had my coil removed on 13th aug and started to bleed on the 15th for 3 days heavy and asked if i class this as my period you replyed i would assume it was a period. Well that must of been the case i worked out i would be due on on the 11th sept well i have not come on and i know you will say to wait longer but i could not and did a hpt and its got a faint pos line could it be correct or is it my hormones so up the wall its producing a fake reading, could the hormones in the coil do this? or am i really pregnant?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 12, 2007
    • 02:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi i wrote in on the 24th aug and you replyed on the 25th aug to just relax and it will take time for my period to return well like i said i had my coil removed on 13th aug and started to bleed on the 15th for 3 days heavy and asked if i class this as my period you replyed i would assume it was a period. Well that must of been the case i worked out i would be due on on the 11th sept well i have not come on and i know you will say to wait longer but i could not and did a hpt and its got a faint pos line could it be correct or is it my hormones so up the wall its producing a fake reading, could the hormones in the coil do this? or am i really pregnant? I would wait another day or two and retest, but it sure sounds like you are pregnant. There are very few false POSITIVE tests. Congratulations:D If you aren't already, please get the very best prenatal vitamins you can afford! Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • September 13, 2007
    • 01:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same concern. I removed my IUD after loving it for a year and half but we wanted to try for our third and last child. THe strings went up so everytime I wanted to know if they were in place I had to get a ultrasound. THe removal was a snitch. Ok so It was july 31 when i took it out, i got a small period aug 2-5. Then I had all the symptoms of a pregnancy even gaining weight and smells and everything. I was 50 days late and not pregnant I started my period but im getting discuraged becasue it isn't back to normal. So I was reading some stuff where they say that you may not ovulate the first month you get it out and ebcause of it you will be 2 to 4 weeks late on your cycle. Then there are others who concieve really fast. So I guess we shall see in the next month and a half.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2007
    • 11:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi everyone , i had my IUD in on jul 06 and had it out on aug 07 the taking out part wasn't hard since that day i had it out i been try to get pregnant i have two kids form my previos and now i got engage with my fiance and we want to try a baby northing had happend yet ,but since i had it out i have my period for three or four day each month ,i just hope it doesnt take me long to get pregnant
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 6, 2007
    • 02:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi everyone , i had my IUD in on jul 06 and had it out on aug 07 the taking out part wasn't hard since that day i had it out i been try to get pregnant i have two kids form my previos and now i got engage with my fiance and we want to try a baby northing had happend yet ,but since i had it out i have my period for three or four day each month ,i just hope it doesnt take me long to get pregnant Again, please relax;) . You can't rush this, two months is not long at all! Just enjoy and everything should work out just fine. Take the best prenatal vitamins you can. Make sure your fiance is taking vitamins, especially vitamin C as it helps with sperm motility. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • October 7, 2007
    • 10:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • HI. I got my iud out on 9/12 and had a period 3 days later. I concieved very fast after stopping other bc with my first 2 children, but this is my first experience with mirena. I have taken hpt with negative results. My doctor said I could become pregnant as soon as the first day of getting the iud out. And because of past experience with fast conception I guess I am just assuming that this time will be the same. I have been having a little cramping the past week and I don't know if it is my period or pregnancy. Is it possible to be pregnant this soon? Fertility has never been an issue for me, but does the mirena cause glitches after removal in a typically fertile woman? How common is ectopic pregnancy after mirena removal?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 18, 2007
    • 00:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had my Mirena for 1yr and have had it take out now for 6mo. I've read the "tips on getting prengnant" web pages and taken the Ov. test -they tested positive- but still no baby!! My husband and I have a 2yr old and want to make him a lil brother or sister. I am really regreting ever using the Mirena, everyone else seems to be making babies right away and we still have had no luck, its making me more sad I'm not sure we will ever have another....Any advice from anyone????:( :confused:
    lilpcofheaven17 1 Replies
    • October 24, 2007
    • 04:21 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had my Mirena for 1yr and have had it take out now for 6mo. I've read the "tips on getting prengnant" web pages and taken the Ov. test -they tested positive- but still no baby!! My husband and I have a 2yr old and want to make him a lil brother or sister. I am really regreting ever using the Mirena, everyone else seems to be making babies right away and we still have had no luck, its making me more sad I'm not sure we will ever have another....Any advice from anyone????:( :confused: Please consider trying acupuncture to help get you back on track. Acupuncture is very, very helpful! The Mirena can really mess up your cycle, but most importantly you need to relax and not feel too stressed. Acupuncture can really help. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • October 27, 2007
    • 03:29 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement