Discussions By Condition: Thyroid conditions

hypothyroid - ruined relationship

Posted In: Thyroid conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 12, 2006
  • 06:23 PM

My girlfriend has hypothyroidism with the following symptoms. Crushing fatigue, no libido, foggy brain, terrible memory, thinning hair, dizziness and migraines. It seems to have overcome her so slowly that she seems to simply accept it. The worst is the exhaustion and the memory. She had 1/2 her thyroid out about 16 years ago because of nodules. When I met her she seemed to be fine but about 10 months ago she started to experience the loss of libido and became quite tired. She also began experiencing dizziness and frequent occurrence of migraines and her memory seemed to worsen - it was already pretty bad but it amazingly got worse. I have researched it and I beleive the treatment she is getting is inadequate. I saw first hand the cavalier attitude her endocrinologist has. I have been gently urging her to see another doctor who will treat with Amour Thyroid. This doctor also asks "how are you feeling?" and reputedly listens to what you say. Unfortunately, my girlfriend ended our relationship. One of the last conversations we had was about her going to see a new doctor - she felt I was annoying her about all of this. I assure you I believe I was gentle and tactful in this. The good news is that she has an appointment to see this new doctor. My question is - Has anyone else experienced the ruination of their marriage or relationship due to this disease?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement