Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Help with anxiety/depression

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 2, 2007
  • 04:47 AM

I am battling general anxiety which causes my depression. Lately I am having a hard time concentrating on anything because I am so preoccupied with the fact that I have something medically horrific going on with me. I have constant chest pain, sore throat, gastric difficulties, sharp shooting pains all over, numb hands and feet, tingling hands and feet, pain in the back of my head, I could go on and on. Because of my long list of medical ailments, all doctors have quit giving me tests and tell me it is all in my head. Well I physically hurt and ail. While I was taking klonopin and elavil together I was a normal person. I have tried to go drug free and I am struggling. My line of work is child care so I need to be mentally sharp. I also have a 3 month old baby so I would have a hard time taking all these sedating drugs. Any suggestions what to do? I have tried all kinds of mental health therapy and I could go everyday for hours on end and it doesn't help my situation one iota. Lastly, because of my downward spiral I feel myself becoming agoraphobic again. I just can't go down that road again.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement