Discussions By Condition: Endocrine conditions

Male Lactating

Posted In: Endocrine conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: ruffry25
  • February 27, 2007
  • 08:34 PM

I am lactating and my nipples are swolen. How can i make this stop? How long before it subsides? Is it possible that adderall could have messed up my hormones and now my prolactin levels are through the roof? Thanks for any help!

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• What is the drug used for??? Certain anti-depressants can cause this also smoking pot can cause the swollen breasts.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 28, 2007
    • 02:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • The adderall is for ADHD, I do not smoke very often and dont think there is much of a correlation between the two, there have been studies proving this. I am wondering if Cortisol has any effect on prolactin or progesterone levels, because I was really busy last week and started a new workout program and it was to much for my body, I got sick and just felt awful for a while, any thoughts?
    ruffry25 1 Replies
    • February 28, 2007
    • 04:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ask your doctor if your adderall raises Prolactin levels. If you are taking any other type of medication even over the counter meds such as heartburn tablets then mention those to the GP too.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 28, 2007
    • 07:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Ask your doctor if your adderall raises Prolactin levels. If you are taking any other type of medication even over the counter meds such as heartburn tablets then mention those to the GP too.Well I'm kinda going through the same thing except I'm not on any kind of medication nor do I smoke anything and the last thing I took was some tylonol for a headache a few days ago. I just noticed it today but it may have been going on for longer and I'm just a little freaked out about it. I'm also not noticing any kind of swelling, just lactating.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Well I'm kinda going through the same thing except I'm not on any kind of medication nor do I smoke anything and the last thing I took was some tylonol for a headache a few days ago. I just noticed it today but it may have been going on for longer and I'm just a little freaked out about it. I'm also not noticing any kind of swelling, just lactating.I am a 26 male and I have had secretions from my nipples, but there was never any swelling associated. Also there was never any increase in areola size and sensitivity. The secretions I stumbled upon around the time puberty began. My secretions are not constant. Recently a lump has been found under my areola which is the size of a marble. An ultrasound was preformed which ruled out the possibility of it being a cyst. Next I will have a mammogram done. Lastly, the only medication I have been on is adderral. I have used both the instant release and the extended release and never exceeded 25mg within a day. Oh and I smoke weed in high school, but havent touched it in years.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement