Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

loss of vision when dancing

Posted In: Eye conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 5, 2006
  • 01:10 AM

I have a teen daughter who does ballet. recently she has started loosing sight when dancing, especially when she does spins. She has had full nuro exam as well as eeg to check out epilepsy. all test clear. have been told migranes but does not always have headache present when this happens. any suggestion where to look would be good. She has try outs for the dance companys this september and we are running out of time to get this sorted

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• It could be migraines or......?I had something similar happen to me years ago but usually only in the left eye.Also, my blindness was the kind where everything went white (like looking thru a frosted glass). After MRI was normal, My doctor said my problem was a visual migraine and left it at that.OK no problem. Life goes on.Then 5 years later, I have shoulder/neck/arm problems on the right side so I go to the most wonderful chiropractors in the world and they fixed the problem and as a bonus: I quit going blind. I told the chiropractor that I hadn't mentioned it before, but now it was fixed. The chiropractor said that I had a knot in my muscle around the optic nerve area so it could have been constricting the nerve and making me go blind. Relieve the muscle=relieve the blindness. It was great.Lets hope that it is something that simple for your daughter.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 20, 2006
    • 08:06 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a teen daughter who does ballet. recently she has started loosing sight when dancing, especially when she does spins. Did anyone check her for orthostatic hypotension? For low blood pressure in general?Davehttp://fiteyes.com/blogs/dave/
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 4, 2007
    • 04:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • See the thread named Dancing Eye Syndrome, it might have some answers for you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 26, 2007
    • 07:36 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement