Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Urinary issues

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 22, 2007
  • 01:22 AM

Hello,

I suspect I have BPH (enlarged prostate), due to urinary issues; they seem to come and go at times---dribbly urine, drops for many minutes after still, slight pain in urination--but they're not consistent.

I have an issue in that I'm very averse in most ways now to conventional doctoring---it's a long story, but both of my parents were, to be straight, killed by the conventional path. As such, I've gradually developed more interest in naturopathy. I recognize that may not be the answer for every ill on the planet, but I do know that prostate issues tend to develop slowly. They are not to be ignored though, which is why I've consulted with a couple of doctors on the internet as well as read a lot of material.
I'm taking saw palmetto, selenium, boron, and zinc supplements, among a couple others. I don't take these in huge amounts, as I know anything overdone can cause its own problems. However, I have come to believe that the standard American diet is sadly lacking in legit nutrients.

I've also started taking DIM (a substance found in cruciferous vegetables) and Vitalzym SEB, which is a proteolytic enzyme that also contains some COQ10 and Nattikonase (sp?).

Regarding zinc and boron, just as a couple of examples, I'm confused, because the foods that are supposedly plentiful of these (red meat for zinc, nuts and fruits for boron) never seems to show these elements/nutrients on their Nutrition Facts label. I need to have a confidence in what I'm getting in those elements/nutrients naturally from foods, so that I take in the appropriate supplementation.

I have not, as of yet, gone to the doctor for a DRE, but I am scheduling a PSA test from the nearby nutritionist who owns a health food store. I'm looking around the Dallas, TX area for a good naturopath, as I don't like the idea of going conventional--I feel the conventional doctor will just try and put me on some kind of medication, and research indicates all of their approaches cause side effects often worse than the condition.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement