Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Abdomial Pain... Cannot find cause

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: apco25
  • February 21, 2007
  • 03:25 AM

Hello,

This is my first post as I am doing research on trying to figure out this abdominal pain I am having. I am a 38 year old male and I still have my gull blatter.

I know there have been posts on this as this is a common thing, but I cannot seem to find my exact symtoms.

I have been to the ER twice for this in the last 8 months. It is severe abdominal pain on the right-side and is just below the rib cage and can extend lower depending on the severity. It comes and goes but is always there. It seems to have no correlation to what I eat (low-fat, high fat) does not seem to make a difference.

It has been constant lately and I am concerned. I have been to see my main GP and a GI guy. I have been put though the ringer on tests (all the normal tests they seem to do with these cases (I have read here) : CT scan (x2), CT scan with constast, Ultrasound, Hida-scan, every blood test on the planet. It's ALL normal.

The GI guy even went as far as to 'hint' it may be in my head. I know what pain is, I have had kidney stones, two of them removed (about 10 years ago). However, this is NOT kidney stone pain, it's in a different location and feels completely different. Also, the CT scans show I have no stones at this point (neither kidney or gull-blatter).

After going to the ER they said this is one of the most common things they see. The GI guy told me he sees this sort of thing evey day!

I understand it can be difficult to diagnose abdominal pain, but you would think with all these people having these similar issues someone would be looking into this.

I am looking for some advice. What are some suggestions to do next?

Thanks,
Apco25

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement