Discussions By Condition: Common conditions

I am underweight... anybody else????

Posted In: Common conditions 36 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 1, 2006
  • 04:35 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to gain weight in a healthy way?

Reply Flag this Discussion

36 Replies:

• hey im underweight too....and i have no idea what to do to gain weight in a healthy weight. i guess by eating a lot lol.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2006
    • 05:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Not Just eating alot; or just everything fatty,which would add on not just pounds but more health issuses. First off you should check with your GP or FD,about this matter who may suggest or recommend a dietician, so you can add on healthy weight. Over eating can lead to many unhealthy conditions.Your BMI plays a major factor . Anything over 25 total bmi is considerd obese. besides.. you can tone, and add more muscle mass. Thats why its best too consult your GP or FD.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2006
    • 08:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • To make sure you are gaining weight healthily, check with a nutritionist. I am underweight as well, due to several thyroid and blood conditions, with a BMI of approx. 17. I used to be around 16.5, but raised it by increasing my daily caloric intake. 3500 kcal=1 lb. So, perhaps eat 3500 more kcal per week/2 weeks?
    eleven 55 Replies
    • December 13, 2006
    • 02:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm only 11 on the BMI scale. All my friends say I' skiny but I'm not. Or at least I don't feel skiny.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • hey im underweight too....and i have no idea what to do to gain weight in a healthy weight. i guess by eating a lot lol.First I think you should have a physical, to find out if your weight problem is due to a clinical condition, or if it's your due to you genes, your natural constitution. Eating a lot is not always a good idea, eating healthy food on the other hand is, and eating as much as your body needs, stuffing yourself won't do you any good.
    DrMistrust 4 Replies
    • August 10, 2007
    • 05:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a BMI of 15.8, am 19 years old and have not gained or lost more than 1 or 2 kilograms for 5 years but I feel hungry every 2-3h. My weight is currently 42kgs could this because of a genetic abnormality which results in a fast metabolism?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 16, 2007
    • 05:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi I'm underweight too I am 20yrs old 95lbs a freshman in college and been the same weight since 7th grade in middle school and had a lot of other health problems dealing with my intestine and stomach, and being in depression in 11th grade and the first term of college.:(
    boyz872003 4 Replies Flag this Response
  • haha i am too .ive tried to gain weight by eating alot .but that doesnt work .lol idk what to do
  • haha i am too .ive tried to gain weight by eating alot .but that doesnt work .lol idk what to do yea it does suck though. right now I have to wait till next tuesday the 29th to find out what my docs say next. but i also hate when ppl look at me and just stare or say why im skinny and im like idk just am but sucks bc i know it affects me of trying to be with someone
    boyz872003 4 Replies Flag this Response
  • eating alot wont help creatine worked for me after about three weeks of using the stuff along with a one hour workout i put on seven pounds seriously then after about two months the chicken boy name calling stopped i was 148 pounds at 5"11 now im 162 ohhhhhh yeah so to all my skinny lads out there its very and highly possible to gain i know your tired of feeling like a wimp i know your tired of people calling you skinny or my case'' chicken boy''women get upset when you say they are overweight well us men feel the same when they call us skinny i feel your pain really But you can change that but you have to help yourself creatine is almost a miracle but its not you have to help it help you use the stuff and workout make sure you build up a good sweat before taking it that will help it absorb faster trust me please creatine works it worked when everything else failed the best is pro performance creatine monohydrate ha ha ha it feels good pulling a hulk move on all those name callers now they dont even think about calling me anything because hulk smash
  • I have not had any luck gaining either. I have tried evrything, high calorie intake, protein shakes, weight lifting. The most I have ever gained is 5 lbs. I am 5'10" and weigh 117 lbs. My doctor tells me I am healthy but I don't feel good about myself when I look in the mirror. I wish there was a realty show like "the biggest ****r" for underweight people. They could call it "the biggest winner". I would sign up in a heartbeat.
    cypher21a 1 Replies
    • November 25, 2008
    • 01:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Yeah im really underweight aswell, i hate it, im 19 years old and only 120 lbs, Tried everything from lifting weights to drinking protein shakes, powders, eveything like that, im really thinking towards getting steroids, anybody wanna talk me out of it?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 3, 2008
    • 02:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey im underweight im 18 years old im 6'3" and i weight 130 i would like to size up some but i just dont know what to do. im the victim of a incredibly fast metabolism and its terrible. ANY IDEAS?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 8, 2009
    • 03:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • im underweight, by a few kilo's, like 4 or 5. im skinnier than all my friends and im not developing like they are. im not anorexic but once or two times i have been teased saying i am. its reeeaally hurtful because its not my fault, im not starving myself or throwing up or refusing to eat or anything, any help .. ?im not depressed or anything either, and i havent lost weight, im only 13 and well, i just donnt gain weight!i havent got my period, or changed like got bigger for that yet, does that have anything to do with it?
  • wow this thread...your skinny? increase caloric intake and start weight trainingi gained 30 pounds in six months and i aint done do something besides eat ya lazy kids
  • wow this thread...your skinny? increase caloric intake and start weight trainingi gained 30 pounds in six months and i aint done do something besides eat ya lazy kidsoh, how your insults help the people .... but maybe you can help me. i have super skinny thighs, totally under developed muscle. my calves are normal, but past my knees, my thighs are narrower than my calves. i feel like the only woman in the world with this issue. perhaps you can prescribe me exercises ... i wont be going to a gym cos i live in the country. for me, wearing shorts is totally out of the question, unless i'm up for being stared out, talked about, etc. :eek: thanks if anyone can help!!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 19, 2009
    • 10:43 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi I'm underweight too I am 20yrs old 95lbs a freshman in college and been the same weight since 7th grade in middle school and had a lot of other health problems dealing with my intestine and stomach, and being in depression in 11th grade and the first term of college.:(hi. m also underweight. m 3rd yr student n weighin jst 35 kgs........although i have undergone all the required medical tests n m perfctly alrite still m nt able to gain.it sucks badly when u eat a lot along with food supplemnts n still look like hanger.........i l go to depression if it will continue............can anybody help us out??????????
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 7, 2009
    • 04:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • im underweight tooim a guy which is worse because i actually know skinny girls which are good looking, too. for me its hard because yes people make comments but its the whole, if guys skinny thats weird thing.. i mean we all have problems right?im 15 years oldi weigh 8 stone and im 5 ft 11.. i've been skinny all my life pretty much. i think maybe it could be my diet but i eat regularly and try to keep fit.But what i find is that i'm not motivated anymore, franically its exams soon and pretty much need to revise, to make it worse i have p.e 5 times a week.. so i actually end up loosing more weight that i gain.to be honest i don't really see being skinny as a BIG problem, you need be happy with your weight and if your not then you have to consult a doctor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2009
    • 10:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm only 11 on the BMI scale. All my friends say I' skiny but I'm not. Or at least I don't feel skiny.This is either a 'searching for sympathy/attention/whatever' message, an 'I don't think I'm skinny really, but others do, I don't know why, I think I'm healthy' message or an 'I have awesome genes' message....But seriously, I would go with what my friends tell me. They see more of you than you do unless you constantly look in a mirror. They notice these things and if they're telling you you're skinny, 99% of the time, they're telling you the truth. Perhaps you should go to a doctor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 20, 2009
    • 06:42 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hey, im 14, underweight, and feelin fine. :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2009
    • 01:27 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement