Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

UTI won't go away!

Posted In: Urinary conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jsruby
  • February 17, 2007
  • 05:50 PM

Maybe by sharing my story someone who has gone through the same can help me out.

I have had a UTI for the past 3 months, had all sorts of tests - no cysts, no kidney stones, no chlamydia. Im female, 29. When I first went in for the infection (the UTI wasn't full blown, didn't hurt too much) they tested my urine there and said I had an infeciton.

After antibiotics didn't work I had a urine culture (3 days later) my results showed slightly high white blood cells, no bacteria. Went on more antibiotics. Still had UTI symptoms. Then I started to get lower back pain, thought it was kidney infection.. but now I don't think so since it isn't my kidneys that hurt, it is much lower, I think it is from taking all these different antibiotics.

My most recent urine test showed no infection at all (I had been on antibiotics 3 days prior). I still had lower back pain, a little pain after urination.

I stopped taking antibiotics for 2 weeks and just 2 days ago I got a full blown UTI, very painful (I have had many UTIs in the past and it is exactly the same). I went back on antibiotics (Nitrofurantoin). Now I can't tell if it is going away or not.

I hate taking all these antibiotics, the docs tell me to stop but at the same time they don't tell me what it is. A major problem is that im in a foreign country for some months and I don't speak the language well.

Please anyone with similar experiences contact me by clicking on my name above or jsruby22 -at- yahoo -dot- com

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement