Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Strange Skin Rash on Fingers-looks like burn

Posted In: Skin conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Orb_Manson
  • May 9, 2011
  • 00:05 AM

Strange rash appears on left and right thumbs, and mostly all right hand fingers, some left hand fingers, all on just the back of the hand.
I was born with eczema, have never had this problem before. This rash occurred when I began a new job in a manufacturing plant. I thought it was an allergic reaction to Rust Veto, a chemical I sometimes use, but the symptoms have gotten worse and do not go away when I take benedryl.
My eczema was only at its worst when I was a child and has basically gone away since age 9, but because of the constant exposure to oil and acetone at this new job, my skin has been cracking and my hands have started getting this rash that itches and looks almost like a mild burn.
I have tried taking benedryl, but the strange rash does not go away, but does stop the irritation and itch after about 2 hours. However, it comes back again after a short time. I'm very against taking drugs, especially medications and caffeine, so I refuse to take this benedryl more than once a day...
I have also taken some foam soap that is available where I work. However, I was told NOT to use bar or foam soap since I was very young due to my eczema. This never helps much, but I have to get rid of that oil and acetone residue somehow...
The reason I don't think this is an allergic reaction, which since March 22nd of this year has actually shown up, is because it will last a long time, and the benedryl does nothing to reduce the skin appearance. I have not been at work since Friday, two days ago, and the irritation and rash has not gone down or gotten any better since then.
Any and all consideration is MUCH appreciated! I'm just looking for a little help, please!
So...help? :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement