Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

strange sensation in chest

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 9 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 2, 2011
  • 08:47 PM

21 m, I'm experiencing strange symptoms in my chest and I need help. It's not pain, but it's a tingling sensation that feels like itching or bugs crawling under my skin. I get this sensation in my left chest, sometimes I feel it right under my left nipple, sometimes I feel it right below my back, straight behind where my left nipple is in the front. This is very uncomfortable, and I'm losing sleep because of it. Also, I'm getting other symptoms which I'm not sure if they're related. My right ear is feeling full, and sometimes it feels hard to breathe for about a half hour. Please help me figure out what this could be.

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• please someone advise me on this I've been having these sensations for almost two months now it's very worrying.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I talked to the doctor about it and she's just as clueless as I am about what it is. She said it might be a pinched nerve or inflammation. Please if this sounds at all familiar to anyone help me out here. I just want some relief.
  • Hi. I'm going to apologise up front, sorry but I can't shed any light on the cause of your problem.I'm 31, male, and in november 2009 I began suffering the exact same symptoms that you describe, including the "full" feeling in the right ear. I saw a few doctors, had blood tests and xrays and a CT scan of my head. They could find nothing wrong. After three months of searching, I gave up and resigned myself to putting up with it.Over the next year, the symptoms worsened. The sensation in my chest became prominent in my back as well, eventually (by november 2010) it had become very painful. The feeling in my right ear worsened to the point where it feels like my right temple is going to explode. It's very scary at it's worst, like I'm about to have a stroke or something.I went back to the doctors in November 2010 because the pain was unbearable. I could not sleep, I was missing days of work, I couldn't concentrate or function. My life went to total ****house because of this horrible pain. More tests were done, more blood taken, more x-rays and more CT Scans. And still they found NOTHING wrong. All my doctor could do for me was to prescribe increasingly heavier painkillers to help cope with the pain.So that is where I am today. I take 30mg of Oxycontin (slow release) two times a day. I have been referred to a pain management clinic, but it's government run and the waiting list is eight months long; I have not had a single appointment with them yet, I am still on the list, waiting.I can't say for certain that our conditions are similar, but what you describe is EXACTLY what I went through when this nightmare started in November 2009. I hope to ***l that you have something different, and that what I've gone through is not going to be in your future. I will keep you updated on my condition if you like, and I would appreciate hearing back from you regularly. And if you happen to find out what the cause is, I'd love to know.Sorry I haven't got anything more positive for you.
    almsahrah 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • Did you ever feel like your heart skipped a few beats or had a few particularly strong beats? Im having these symptoms also with palpitations.
  • Did you ever feel like your heart skipped a few beats or had a few particularly strong beats? Im having these symptoms also with palpitations.YES! Not as some constant thing, but at least once a day I'll get that skip a beat, massive throb feeling and then it goes back to normal. For some reason I have never connected these things together, but now you've got me thinking... maybe they ARE related....
  • I'm gonna go back to the doctor about this. Like you said I go right back to normal after that feeling, well normal being that constant strange sensation. I measure my heart rate after the throb feeling and it doesn't go too much higher maybe 10-15 bpm more from a normal in the high 80s bpm, so it's probably just from the anxiety this little jolt causes.I feel that if we both get the same thing there has to be something causing it.
  • this is not good, now it's starting to get painful like you said. It's only a sort of stabbing pain on my back, and it feels like it is under the edge of my shoulder blade on the side closest to my spine.
  • this is not good, now it's starting to get painful like you said. It's only a sort of stabbing pain on my back, and it feels like it is under the edge of my shoulder blade on the side closest to my spine.***n. That's pretty much the same time that mine started feeling painful. And right in the same place too.I haven't made any further progress with the doctor in finding the cause of this. But like you said, if we both have the same things going on there MUST be a cause.I'm going back to the doctor next week. I'll keep you updated.
  • this is not good, now it's starting to get painful like you said. It's only a sort of stabbing pain on my back, and it feels like it is under the edge of my shoulder blade on the side closest to my spine.Considering the possible heart connection, an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) has been done and there is absolutely NO structural abnormality or defect.The doctor is still totally at a loss as to what's causing this. The pain has gotten even worse lately and my oxycontin dosage has increased to 40mg twice a day. I don't know what to do next. What is your condition lately? Has the pain increased at all? Have you visited the doctor after the palpitations?Let me know what's going on. If you'd like to email me directly instead of over this forum my address is: orbitingsaturn AT hotmail.comLook forward to hearing from you.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement