Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

numbness and tingling in legs

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 15, 2007
  • 04:02 AM

Roughly a year and a half ago my legs began a numbness, tingling sensation from my calves to my toes. I'm 22 years old female and have always been an athlete. I've seen a neurologist who tested the nerves in my feet and calves. And had an MRI done on my neck and brain because of a fall I had taken that sprained my neck about the same time my legs began the problem. I've seen the commercials for Restless Leg Syndrom and have questioned the possibilities of it. The feeling of bugs crawling under my skin and the 'restless'ness that comes when even trying to sit through a movie I can relate to. However I have more problems in the morning when I wake then at night, MOST times. My feet have been so bad before that I literally fall because of the pain and pressure of stepping on them. This pain goes away after a few moments but it doesn't go away from just sitting back down. I had these symptoms for about 5 monthes then they lightened up and are back again. I also have questioned if it could be a circulatory problem for my feet are ALWAYS cold. (the nurse had to use a hair dryer to warm my feet while doing the nerve damage tests). I've been told to wait for more symptoms but my legs are driving me crazy- any help or suggestions?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement