Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Joint Pain... Please Help...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: wilson_gal22
  • February 15, 2007
  • 03:57 AM

Hello, My name is Christi. I am only 15 years old. I apologize in advance. This is going to be a long thread but PLEASE bear with me and read the details. You could be the answer I am looking for. The help I need. I have had joint pain since I was 13 years old. I played basketball, but too much running. I tried volleyball and I had a lot of foot pain. I had it checked out and I had a stress fracture in my left heal. The doctor didn't do anything.

Around end of 2004. Finally, I had a boot and then a cast. And in July I had surgery because the doctor said it was plantar fascitis(don't know about the spelling). I had had knee pain before this in both knees. One knee was said to have tendonitis. The other I am not really sure.

Then about 2 weeks after my foot surgery in Aug. 2005, I started havin pain in my wrist and elbows. I started going to a rheumotologist because I had a very high ASO titer. They thought it might be related to my joint pain. After a year he tells me he doesn't know anything about the ASO.:mad: And he didn't help my joint pain either.

Now, I have pain in both knees(mostly my right), my wrists, neck, back, shoulders, ribs, and sometimes my hips. :( I do not know why. Everyone seems to think whatever it is it isn't much. I feel like no one cares and I will never now. I am starting to think it is all in my head, but I know there must be some reason to explain it. I tell people 'my knee hurts' and they don't seem to think much of it. I know on the inside something isn't right, but feel like no one cares. I am just sick and tired of not knowing what is going on. No one seems to know what I am going threw, they all think it has gotten better, but I do not say much about it because nothing is done about it when I do so I just don't bother anymore.

Sometimes I cry myself to sleep because I am tired of not knowing what the cause is and I know there must be one. I do not care what the cause is because I can deal with it. I could deal with it better if only I could put a name with it.

So, please, if you know anything that could help me, speak up. If no one else is going to do something about it, I am. Thanks. If you have any additional questions you would like to know that may help me please feel free to ask. Thank You.

P.S. If you want to read in more detail my story, it is on lymenet and canlyme. It is 'Christi's Story'. Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement