Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

is there a condition that mimics Marfan syndrome...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 15, 2007
  • 03:08 AM

maybe im just being a hypochondriac, but ive been reading up on marfan syndrome and its creepy how much it describes me...thought not to a really serious extent. the tallness and thinness, the spider-like hands, the narrow face, small jaw, crowded teeth, the curving, hunchback spine, arrythmias, shortness of breath, all of that is me...i even have a slight indentation in my chest.

from reading about it i've gathered that it's a connective tissue disorder. the scary thing is, if i do have it there isnt much i can do, since its caused by a gene abnormality... so are there any conditions that mimic it? do i just have weak connective tissue? im so confused

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is a family of connective tissue disorders that may resemble Marfans depending on the type. I would ask about that as it is often misdiagnosed, sometimes as marfan.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 15, 2007
    • 09:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It Definatly Sounds Like Elhers Danlos. I Was Diagnosed With It Myself Several Years Ago. I Remember My Parents Telling Me That When I Was Little, They Thought I Had Marfans. You Should Definalty Do Some Research And Look Into It.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 20, 2007
    • 11:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You shuld make an appointment with a geneticist.
    aquila 1,263 Replies
    • October 23, 2007
    • 05:10 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement