Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Itchy Spots On Waistline

Posted In: Skin conditions 11 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 14, 2007
  • 03:03 AM

I have been having very very itchy spots forming along my waist since last summer. They have appeared all over my waist, left and right side, front and back. They are speradic, sometimes its one or two on different sides of my waist but they last for a week, sometimes a little more and then when they go away they leave what looks like a bruise (black and blue). They don't hurt they just itch like ***l. At first I thought they might have been spider bites because they swell up a little and almost look like they have a center to them. I went to the Dermatologist 2 weeks ago finally and his 10 second diagnosis was eczema, which i totally don't believe it is. He perscribed me a cream to put on it, which does nothing at all for me. I'm going back to him in a week for another look. I have been searching all over the internet for months and months. Every search I do I can't seem to find what it looks like, the closest thing so far is scabies but i'm still unsure of that. Any help would be great, I added some pictures if my words can't describe it.

Today:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Pugz2003/DSCN3616.jpg

Few months ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Pugz2003/DSCN3515.jpg

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• The "few months ago" picture looks _exactly_ like the allergic reaction I had to some laundry detergent. The rash didn't appear everywhere, just in places where my clothes rubbed against my skin (waistline and one spot on my arm where I'd leaned against an airline seat for a long time). You might try just changing your detergent--not nec to an 'allergy free' one. I can use lots of kinds of detergent but NOT Tide. Another (kinda gross) possibility is scabies, which itch like ***l and show up in all kinds of places. In the US, scabies usually appear as a long, linear rash, but in hotter climates I've seen them looking very much like your spots. If you get a red dot in the center of these things or if they ooze a clear fluid, I'd try the scabies route.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • maybe it's the measles
  • I have been experiencing the very same blisters on my waist area. Your photoes look exactly like mine. They are not scabies since I had that once and it is very different but i don ot know what I have. Thought it might be shingles but am told that shingles are painful and mine are only very itchy. Please email me at cybergal100@aol.com if you find out what it is that you have.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 24, 2007
    • 07:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had the very same thing. If you ever got a diagnosis, please email me at cybergal100@aol.com and let me know.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 24, 2007
    • 07:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It is Hidradenitis Suppurativa. I have the same thing and it is hard to treat. Try an acne bath wash and next time you visit the dermatologist bring material concerning this condition. Hidradenitis Suppurativa is usually labeled something else by doctors.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2008
    • 01:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been having very very itchy spots forming along my waist since last summer. They have appeared all over my waist, left and right side, front and back. They are speradic, sometimes its one or two on different sides of my waist but they last for a week, sometimes a little more and then when they go away they leave what looks like a bruise (black and blue). They don't hurt they just itch like ***l. At first I thought they might have been spider bites because they swell up a little and almost look like they have a center to them. I went to the Dermatologist 2 weeks ago finally and his 10 second diagnosis was eczema, which i totally don't believe it is. He perscribed me a cream to put on it, which does nothing at all for me. I'm going back to him in a week for another look. I have been searching all over the internet for months and months. Every search I do I can't seem to find what it looks like, the closest thing so far is scabies but i'm still unsure of that. Any help would be great, I added some pictures if my words can't describe it.Today:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Pugz2003/DSCN3616.jpgFew months ago:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Pugz2003/DSCN3515.jpgI've looked yor pic and,I have the same(completely the same) problem for 10 month...i have that spot all around my waste about 10 and on my testicle(I have one).....please if you cure,tell me what to do!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 27, 2008
    • 04:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It ended up being a mild allergic reaction to the latex/elastic waistline in my boxers i was wearing. I switched brands that doesn't have that band in it and i have been fine for a while now.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 27, 2008
    • 06:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I get the same thing and have been getting them for the past 3 years but i don't think its an allergic reaction to detergent on the clothing. What I have noticed is: one, they only come during summer. Two, they come in waves you start with a few, they go away and look like bruises, then a week later you have another bunch of spots. Three, whenever i wake up i seem to have more. So, i think it has to do mainly with the heat; the bumps follow where tight clothes lie and where your skin doesn't get much air. Also, it seemed sleeping on my side caused more itchy spots to form on my side. So, if anyone has an answer to these mysterious spots please post it because these dots are a PAIN!!!! or rather an ITCH!!!!!!
  • I change about 5 doctors-dermatologist and finally found to the right one,that help me. He was old dermatologist who worked in New York and now he is in pension and work at home. He told me that is a sort of scabies,it’s itchy mostly at night or when is worm,and I had purple spots around my waist too,like I mention in my older post …(I’m sorry for not taking a picture of that)….He prescribe me a cream that make in pharmacy based on sulfur 5%(so buy sulphure cream 5%), and I paint oneself for about 1 month,before I go to sleep,till it all past away and even a purple spots which I have over the 1 year.He’s said to me that is the safest way to remove that(and I know it smell awfully but I do it ) and also he forbid me to bathe every day and to bathe 1(one) time in week with limp water and baby soap (and that the most difficult part for me was, because before that I was showering every day,sometimes twice a day,),...and when you recover keep putting creme for a week or two,just in case you know...I also try Eurax it's good because smell nice,but the best way for me that worked is sulfur cream.(my experience )So this also you have,but you must be persistent(I found it on web) or you check in pharmacy what they have for "scabies" .I looks some images on web for scabies and I didn't find like those who are putted on this forum, but now deleted :( So try this it can't hurt,just help :) _(sorry for my English mistakes,but I hope you'll understand everything what I wrote)bye :)this is from web: * lindane 1% cream * ivermectin pill(s) * malathion 0.5% lotion (Ovide) * benzyl benzoate * crotamiton lotion or cream (Eurax) * sulfur-based lotions, creams, or soaps
  • I have been having very very itchy spots forming along my waist since last summer. They have appeared all over my waist, left and right side, front and back. They are speradic, sometimes its one or two on different sides of my waist but they last for a week, sometimes a little more and then when they go away they leave what looks like a bruise (black and blue). They don't hurt they just itch like ***l. At first I thought they might have been spider bites because they swell up a little and almost look like they have a center to them. I went to the Dermatologist 2 weeks ago finally and his 10 second diagnosis was eczema, which i totally don't believe it is. He perscribed me a cream to put on it, which does nothing at all for me. I'm going back to him in a week for another look. I have been searching all over the internet for months and months. Every search I do I can't seem to find what it looks like, the closest thing so far is scabies but i'm still unsure of that. Any help would be great, I added some pictures if my words can't describe it. Today:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Pugz2003/DSCN3616.jpg Few months ago:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Pugz2003/DSCN3515.jpg can pugz or somebody place some pics for this???
    eddiemoney 1 Replies
    • November 12, 2010
    • 05:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been having very very itchy spots forming along my waist since last summer. They have appeared all over my waist, left and right side, front and back. They are speradic, sometimes its one or two on different sides of my waist but they last for a week, sometimes a little more and then when they go away they leave what looks like a bruise (black and blue). They don't hurt they just itch like ***l. At first I thought they might have been spider bites because they swell up a little and almost look like they have a center to them. I went to the Dermatologist 2 weeks ago finally and his 10 second diagnosis was eczema, which i totally don't believe it is. He perscribed me a cream to put on it, which does nothing at all for me. I'm going back to him in a week for another look. I have been searching all over the internet for months and months. Every search I do I can't seem to find what it looks like, the closest thing so far is scabies but i'm still unsure of that. Any help would be great, I added some pictures if my words can't describe it.Today:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Pugz2003/DSCN3616.jpgFew months ago:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Pugz2003/DSCN3515.jpgScabies would not just occur around the waste line, the first area where you would notice it would probably be on your arms and hands, hands first most likely since you would put them places not realizing that is where you are placing your hands... scabies is highly contagious and impossible to get rid of, that is why it is considered an STD, the fact that you cant get rid of it and the fact that it gives you STD like reaction and allergic reactions... the best bet would be to go see a dermatologist with the right equipment to take a skin scrapping or to look up close on your skin to see what is there... if it is scabies, you might as well take your bed and through it away, but don't do that untill you have exhaust your intelligience first... I would try a couple different methods like ceramic plastic around the bed and spray pesticide poison inside... the chances that you have this increase daily with people and people just dont know that spiders are actually taking over the world one person at a time. After concealment and containment wash the **** out of your blankets, sheet with some kind of bug killing agent, buy a separate bedding and wash it to with regular soap, this is so in case you are not able to rid the mite from your body correctly, so you can exchange linen out... 3rd, spray your floors with the 5% permethrin and don't be stingy spray as many places where you have generally walked and finally the two step permethrin cream solution...I would actually recommend 3 steps of applying this stuff the initial, the secondary and the followup, apply all over the body excluding the eye areas, leave on over night, make sure you get in between your toes, apply to different parts of the body in sections ask your dermatologist to observe that you do it right, with the right dosage, you only get one small tube for your entire body, so you have to make it go a long way, apply the second dosage exactly 9 days later, and the next dosage 5 days laters, during these times you are washing your laundry with regulary soap, hot water, and very hot dryer...got it and good luck to you
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement