Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Internal 'buzz/vibration' in chest, nervous system freeze!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: styggy
  • April 15, 2011
  • 09:02 AM

I need help!
The symptoms I have are as follows;
I have GERD, which, when it flares up,*seems to be causing heart palpitations, which I understand is not uncommon.* However, recently I have been getting what I can only describe as a buzz type vibration in my chest.* This is sometimes localized and sometimes it feels as though it's throughout my whole body.* I've assumed that this is some sort of*nervous system issue.* It feels like a small mobile phone on set to vibrate has been put in my chest, or sometimes over my whole body.
What really worries me is that while the buzz type vibration can go on for a few hours, during that time there are very short periods (like 1/2 second) when it stops completely.* It honestly feels like my whole nervous system shuts down momentarily!* Because it's so quick I can't tell if I'm numb or paralysed whilst in this 'freeze' state but then the buzz/vibration starts again and my heart will pound for a minute or so and then go back to normal (with palpitations).* It may be that there is a muscle (possibly the heart) that is in a very fast spasm and that the 'freeze' sensation is when it momentarily stops spasming.* Could that be right?* This happens more after*drinking alcohol and usually at night..
I'm male, 41,*overweight*but quiet active (I walk and cycle*a lot and have two small children who keep me on my toes).* I was treated several years ago for Atrial Fibulation but it was a one off.* I*probably*drink a bit too much caffeine, not enough water and*eat an OK diet.* I take Omega3 and multivitamin*supplements.* I'm*stressed at home and work but not overly (except for this!).**I am due to have a 24hr Ambulatory ECG next week after discussing this with a GP, but he is*stumped as to what the momentary 'freeze' sensation is..**I also have pulsitory tinnitus in my left ear,*for which I have had CT scans, Doppler scans etc, but*the Drs cannot find any cause.*
Is there a way to monitor the nervous system over a period of time, like the 24hr ECG?* Please help!* I have this vision of me just dropping dead 'cos my nervous system is switching off randomly!
Regards
Alex

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement