Discussions By Condition: Repiratory conditions

Lung crackling

Posted In: Repiratory conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 13, 2007
  • 07:25 AM

I am a 53 year old male who has had several occasions over the past 15 years where it felt as though I suddenly had a small fluid mass in the center of my chest, in my lungs. It always felt as though I could cough it out, but it never worked. Also over these last 15 years or so, I've had occasional crackling sounds coming from my lungs as I breathe out (especially as I tried to sleep... I could hear it quite clearly). About six months ago I had another of these fluid sensations in the chest, and it's pretty much there steady all of the time, and now the crackling is constant, and very loud at night. Anybody have any idea what may be causing this?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• You could be experiencing asthma episodes. I have asthma and it sounds like what I go through at times. There are times when I have pnuemonia and don't know until I get a chest x-ray. I have year round asthma. There are times when I think that it is just my asthma, go to the doctor, get an x-ray and find out I have pneumonia. I am in the hospital at least 2 times a year with this problem. I am loaded with IV steriods and anti-biotics. It usually is a 5 day ordeal but then I am fine. Check with your doctor. It may be asthma with pneumonia or just pneumonia. :)
    Lorrie 5 Replies
    • February 13, 2007
    • 10:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Definitely get it checked out! Crackling is a sign of bronchitis or pneumonia and having it for that long could mean you have chronic bronchitis. I am no expert though and a doc would be a good idea.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement