Discussions By Condition: Leg conditions

back, hip, thigh and knee pain

Posted In: Leg conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 13, 2011
  • 04:28 PM

I started having sensations of heat on top of my left thigh about two years ago. Then I started having back and hip pain in my left leg that gradually moved from my left hip all the way down to my knee. It hurt mainly when I put weight on my let and the back pain subsided quite a bit. It was diagnosed as sciatica but treatment (cortisone injections) yielded no relief. Then I started having the same severe pain in my right back, hip, thigh and knee with the same treatment that yielded no results. I have had dozens of xrays, an MRI and a Milogram that showed nothing. The pain is worse in my knees and I can't walk without crutches and then it is very painful. This has persisted for nearly a year now and I have seen several doctors with no diagnosis. I have checked on line and find that my problem most resembles reactive arthritis or Reiter's syndrome except I have had none of the infections mentioned preceeding my condition. I did have a severe staph infection following some surgery about ten years ago. In spite of taking Lortab and light doses of Methadone the pain is not relieved. The only relief I get is from sitting with my legs slightly raised. But then the pain begins as soon as I get up onto my feet and try to move about on my crutches. The pain worsens the more I try to get about. I have to sleep flat on my back as any other position is very painful. I can bend my knees normally with some pain but cannot raise my legs as if to go forward without excrutiating pain. I am at my wits end.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement