Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

adams apple

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 11, 2007
  • 05:05 AM

My adams apple appears to be off center. When palpating my thyroid cartilage(adams apple) with my thumb one one side and my finger on the other side of my neck, I can feel that it appears to be pushed to one side. Basically I can feel the hard lump on my thyroid cartilage on one side but not on the other. This moves when swallowing. I can also detect a slight "clicking" on the side that seems larger when I move this thyroid cartilage laterally back and forth.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• My adams apple appears to be off center. When palpating my thyroid cartilage(adams apple) with my thumb one one side and my finger on the other side of my neck, I can feel that it appears to be pushed to one side. Basically I can feel the hard lump on my thyroid cartilage on one side but not on the other. This moves when swallowing. I can also detect a slight "clicking" on the side that seems larger when I move this thyroid cartilage laterally back and forth.Any ideas?ThanksI have the exact same situation with my adam's apple. I wish someone who has info on this would answer its on my mind also!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2009
    • 01:01 AM
    Flag this Response
  • anybody find anything?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yeah guys I have this too..I think its actually normal.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 20, 2010
    • 02:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • guys ..its a solitary nodule n needs to be investigated ..do you've any other symptoms suggestive of thyroid disease ?
    arjun4mb 80 Replies
    • August 20, 2010
    • 06:42 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement