Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Acute abdominal pain, distention and no diagnosis

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 10, 2007
  • 11:45 PM

I have been to the emergency room three times in the past 3 weeks with severe upper abdominal pain. My stomach is distended and the pain is unbearable when it hits. I usually have the dry heaves when this occurs. I have had every imaginable test under the sun and the doctors are stumped! They did find a severe urinary tract infection, but I had no symptoms from that! I can't take the pain anymore, any suggestions?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• gall bladder? first and foremost. Then I would question what you are eating and any new meds or something you could be taking months could also. Especially antiinflammatories.. I hope you find relief... jojo
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 10, 2007
    • 11:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My gallbladder was removed 5 years ago and my appendix was removed 15 years ago. The medication I take, I have been taking for 3 years. Nothing new. I do take abour 13 medications a day, but when I questioned the doctor if this could be causing it, he said don't be silly, that's not the cause.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2007
    • 00:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • OH MY GOSH! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! 13 Meds a day? That is a toxic pharmaceutical cocktail bomb! Please list your meds here or go to www.drugs.com yourself and click on the drug interactions checker. You must do this yourself as most docs blow this off - it is really important to know what you are taking and what the side effects are and what the interactions are!!! Sometimes pharmaceuticals accumulate and don't cause problems right away. Sometimes it may take months and years. PLEASE, I beg of you, don't brush this off. Please just check them and rule this out. Drug interaction/overdose is a leading cause of death, especially in the elderly. I Cannot stress enough the importance of this! Doctors just don't take the time to check on this and it makes me so mad...we must be informed consumers and question every drug that is prescribed to us. Best wishes.DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 11, 2007
    • 02:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • No Kidding Acuann... the docs dont even know the side effects of these pills they push.....I always check with pharmacist first.I dont even like taking high bp med...but I do:rolleyes:
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2007
    • 11:52 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement