Discussions By Condition: Cancer

lump under ear

Posted In: Cancer 27 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 10, 2007
  • 01:08 AM

i know this has been asked alot, but mine seems to be slightly different

just under my right ear i have a lump and i mean just under i mean litrally its behind the bottom part of my ear, it moves slightly when i press it, but it is kinda hard kinda soft, my mum said its just a muscle, but id of thought a muscle would be on the both sides of my ears, not just the right one.

when i stretch my neck it vanishes its not swollen, u cant see it...gonna ask my docs anyways but is it anything i should panic about?? as its friday, i wont get to see a doc until monday unless i call up the doctors emergency line but i dont want to do that if its nothing.

Reply Flag this Discussion

27 Replies:

• This is a very serious matter, I'm not going to lie to You... it could be Cancer
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 14, 2007
    • 05:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My sister had a cyst that sounds just like you describe...not cancerous at all so do not panic. Just get it checked out and voice your condern to your md.best wishes,Tracy
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 27, 2007
    • 11:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hey, i posted this:went to the docs, and basically she couldnt give me any asprin cos of my blood condition cos i suffer from extreme highlevels of red blood cells and i have to go for tests now and again to see how the levels are doing and asprin would thin my blood which would effect the tests.BUTa couple of days later the lump went down on its own, and has now gone.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing right now, and I am freaking out about it. It's a pretty good sized lump, almost RIGHT under my ear. It doesn't hurt or anything, but I don't know what the heck it is. It's not changing in size, either, sooo............
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 16, 2007
    • 00:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I believe their might be a lymph node there, maybe a gum infection? Probably more likely to be something like that than cancer, but get it checked to make sure...........
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 17, 2007
    • 04:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • That sounds very familiar to what i have. you cant really see it but you can feel it its practically touching the bottom of my ear and i am very very scared lol i am pregnant too which doesnt help my emotions lolDoes anyone have a clue what it could be?
  • im 13 yrs old and all of a sudden....this dime sized lump appears!!!......kinda scared bout the cancer post.......going to doc's now to see wat's happening under my right ear! got home work and school.........not sure what to do....help!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 4, 2008
    • 01:01 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey, It sounds like an enlarged lymph node. From what I know this happens cos your body is fighting of some kind of infection. The infection could be from anything eg a sinus infection. Hope this helps,But get it checked out if your worried. Slick
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 22, 2008
    • 00:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had a lump under my ear in the area you describe, it came on quite quickly and it got quite big (half a golf ball) and looked horrible. I was panicking and thought it was serious / cancer etc but after a trip to an NHS walkin centre they checked it out and prescribed some antibiotics. It was a random infection and nothing to worry about at all. 2 days later it was gone. Get off the internet and go see someone, the peace of mind will be worth the trip as really its proably nothing at all to worry about.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 22, 2009
    • 03:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hey, i posted this: went to the docs, and basically she couldnt give me any asprin cos of my blood condition cos i suffer from extreme highlevels of red blood cells and i have to go for tests now and again to see how the levels are doing and asprin would thin my blood which would effect the tests. BUT a couple of days later the lump went down on its own, and has now gone. hey i have this lump thing as well comes and goes. probably an inflamed lymph node fighting of some infection. anyway I also have too many red blood cells never found out why. i thought it had something to do with vit B12. do you have a diagnosis or reason for your highlevels of rbc's?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2009
    • 01:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow...didn't expect to see others with the same exact thing. I think for 2 or 3 weeks I've noticed this small lump/cyst directly under my right ear, almost under the bone, but in the skin. It hasn't changed in size, but it's not like that on the other side. Seems general consensus is lymph nodes? Guess I'll wait it out a bit since it's not doing anything. :)
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• How about this?? I have the same lump 4centmeters in size under my ear. Doctor said nothin to worry about it's related to your acne...lmao...Well, its been here for 1 year. something just isnt rightm but my doctor won't listen
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 22, 2009
    • 06:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • How about this?? I have the same lump 4centmeters in size under my ear. Doctor said nothin to worry about it's related to your acne...lmao...Well, its been here for 1 year. something just isnt rightm but my doctor won't listenI also have lumps under my ears, thats right, both of them. They are puss filled and sometimes can be popped, other times can not. I have an oncologist and she looked at them, and said nothing to worry about, go see a dermatologists, I have not done so. they do not hurt and while visiable, they are not that big of a distraction
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 29, 2009
    • 11:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a lump under my ear for over ten years. It's always been about half a pea size, and in the past year or so it's grown to about pea sized. I never thought much of it. If I have this lump long term with no illness does that make it more serious? Now I'm freaking out that I have cancer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2009
    • 01:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a lump right in front / a little bit under my right earlobe. It hurts like a bruise, i cannot grab it if i grab my skin. It does not move. Its about the size of a small marble.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2010
    • 08:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i'm in the 8th grade and i have a lump directly behind the bottom part of my left earlobe. i've been to the doctor and got a blood count and strep test; strep test negative, had no ear infection, and my blood count was normal. it has grwon a little since then, and really only is painful at night. it's not jaw misalignment because i can chew, talk, and bite down fine. i believe it is a swollen lymphnode. i know it's not cancer because my doctor said it was nothing "bad" or anything to be worried about. it's hard and somewhat tender to the touch. it's under the skin, and i cannot grab it. can someone please help? that would be appreciated.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 13, 2010
    • 11:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same thing its a lump behind the bottom of my left ear its very painful sometimes. its mostly painful when i move my head and it also gives me headaches sometimes but if i move my head a certain way i cant feel it and i also cant see it because its under the skin. i have not been to the doctor because im scared it might be somthing bad.what do u all think it may be?
  • i have one under my ear it hurts i have a headach on the right side of my head its preety big do u think i blew my ear drumhelp please i am in so much pain
  • submandibular glands. look them up.they should be on either side of your chin underneath your ears. they produce most of your saliva. if you your neck or look down moving only your head they pop out a bit. (freaked my sis out a few years back when she saw them). sometimes, i don't know why, but they may, sometimes, get bigger all of a sudden and then they shrink after a whilebut still if you're really worried consult your local doctor or physician (recorded message).P.Sself diagonsing. unless you are a certified (or close to) health doctory person, it's not a very good idea.ciao
  • i have something sort of like this but it has been there for several months and it is pretty small no larger than a pea, but it doesnt disapear or anything it's just there. It feels like it's just inside the skin of the bottom of my ear where the little fold of skin connects to the head. i am very scared that it could be cancer now because i just noticed it again. I just went to the docter but forgot completely about it.. I am only 14- can anyone help??
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement