Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

red/tender corner of lower eyelid?

Posted In: Eye conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 9, 2007
  • 08:16 PM

The corner toward the inside of my left lower eyelid is a bit puffy, red, and looks kind of swollen. I'm a bit worried because one of the girls from my school left early with pink eye. I don't think that's what I have, because the eye itself doesn't look discolored.

As an addition, I have a picture of it below, I circled the spot that's red. It's barely noticeable, and the symptoms just started yesterday, but every so often when I blink, it hurts a tiny tiny bit. My right eye is fine.

http://www.geocities.com/lunatic_tango/eye.JPG

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• i could just be allerigies to weed or whatever.i get the same thing & mine is an allergy.http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s280/imtheone6710/petpix009.jpg
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2007
    • 08:07 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Looks like a stye. Here is a good remedy: Get some hot green tea and place the hot tea bag over the stye. The green tea has antimicrobial properties, and the warm compress is very soothing. You can also wash the eye with green tea. Works wonders! DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 13, 2007
    • 04:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • last night my lower right eyelid on the inside started hurting and almost feels like a bruise in a way and like my eye lashes hurt (if that possible) but today it got far worse...right now as we speak its gotten bigger and puffier and swelling. theres no dryness, or discharge though. it just hurts when i blink. my mom thinks its "pink eye" i do where contacts...how ever i dont think it has anything to do with that. ive never had a problem with them before.but my eyelid hurts bad now.please help??
    annairb 6 Replies
    • November 26, 2007
    • 05:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • In response to the bruising, I’ve been using this stuff on my kids for a while that’s been working great. They both play soccer so they get cuts and bruises on their legs often, not to mention they’re just generally rough when they play. I was reffered to this stuff called bruiseMD (you can find it through google) by another mother at school. The ingredients are all natural and it works quickly so it’s a great bruise remedy. Hope that helps!
    AlyCarter 18 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am currently going through the same thing. The inner corner of my eye is somewhat hurting its not a pain I can not tolerate but it is one that is annoying, my eyeball itself has no effects its just the skin. I have had a stye before so I dont think thats what it is and its not getting any worse or better ????????? Help !!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 30, 2010
    • 03:15 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i'm also experiencing the pain, but my eye looks normal and it just stings when i have my finger over it and it feels like little particles of glass is stuck there.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement