Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Pain, swelling, ball on the right side of abdomen!!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 22, 2011
  • 00:47 AM

This has been going on for about 2 1/2 weeks. At first it just started as moderate pain on the right side of my abdomen. Its right on the side about level with my belly button. Someone mentioned it might by appendicitis but I was out of town and there was literally no doctor where I was. I have lost a lot of weight since then and have barely any appetite. Pain comes and goes but if I touch that side it is shooting pain, otherwise its a dull pain. About 2 days ago I was laying down and my partner noticed that I have some kind of lump or mass protruding from my right side. As I examined myself I noticed that the whole right side from under my rib cage to my above my hip it is greatly swollen. It goes from right before my belly button to my back. It's kind of hard to the touch and only really hurts in the front. It hurts more as you get to the mass or ball, whatever it is. You can see a lump on my abdomen but also feel something like a hard ball when you press. I've been vary fatigued and when I woke up a week ago I felt like I was drugged and found it extremely hard to get out of bed! I went to emergency and was told that I "might be getting a urinary tract infection" and that can cause "pain in my back" however I don't have pain in my back! The doctor pressed heavily on the mass and since the visit I have been extremely nauseous and light headed. I'm making an appt with the doctor but I'm new to the insurance and have to wait a while. Please someone tell me what it could be I have no idea. Thank you so much in advance.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• This has been going on for about 2 1/2 weeks. At first it just started as moderate pain on the right side of my abdomen. Its right on the side about level with my belly button. Someone mentioned it might by appendicitis but I was out of town and there was literally no doctor where I was. I have lost a lot of weight since then and have barely any appetite. Pain comes and goes but if I touch that side it is shooting pain, otherwise its a dull pain. About 2 days ago I was laying down and my partner noticed that I have some kind of lump or mass protruding from my right side. As I examined myself I noticed that the whole right side from under my rib cage to my above my hip it is greatly swollen. It goes from right before my belly button to my back. It's kind of hard to the touch and only really hurts in the front. It hurts more as you get to the mass or ball, whatever it is. You can see a lump on my abdomen but also feel something like a hard ball when you press. I've been vary fatigued and when I woke up a week ago I felt like I was drugged and found it extremely hard to get out of bed! I went to emergency and was told that I "might be getting a urinary tract infection" and that can cause "pain in my back" however I don't have pain in my back! The doctor pressed heavily on the mass and since the visit I have been extremely nauseous and light headed. I'm making an appt with the doctor but I'm new to the insurance and have to wait a while. Please someone tell me what it could be I have no idea. Thank you so much in advance. Maybe you can read that easier? I also need to note that no pain medicine has worked for me. I've taken tremidal vicodin and tylenol and nothing. I've never abused drugs and I don't drink.
    LalaGonzalez 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Maybe you can read that easier? I also need to note that no pain medicine has worked for me. I've taken tremidal vicodin and tylenol and nothing. I've never abused drugs and I don't drink.do you have high fever? is it red or congestion or there is bubble over the mass?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yes, I have a fever. I haven't taken my temp but it's there. My whole body gets hot and I feel light headed. It's not red or anything. I'm not sure if you would say its a bubble? There is a lump over the ball or mass inside I guess it could be a "bubble"? :confused:
    LalaGonzalez 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement