Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Pain on left side of the neck/throat

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 8, 2007
  • 11:22 AM

Its been ten days now that I have a pain on the left side of my neck (neck area below my left ear and up to where the neck finds the torso) only when I swallow expecially cold liquids. It is not a sore throat rather than a soar neck type of thing. Additionally my left ear, I wouldn't say it is hurting, but it feels rather sensitive as it does the rest of my head around that area. I can go to my GP but he has proven to be incompetent for simpler things and he would not send me to the hospital for further exams but only prescribe antibiotics that I dont want to take. Furthermore, I occasionally get a very sensitive feeling every a 3-4 month period in way that I would start feeling the whole left side of my whole head (or sometimes right) very sensitive including the hair area neck, ear but it would go away after 4-5 days. You think my current problem could be associated/connected with that? Do you have any suggestion what any of these might be or do you have similar issue?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement