Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

cough for 2 months now.

Posted In: Medical Stories 8 Replies
  • Posted By: whiteheaven
  • February 8, 2007
  • 04:01 AM

my son 4 year old is been coughing for two months now. he only coughs in the morning for about 2 minutes. we took him to his pediatrician and he prescribed as albuterol inhalation and pulmicort respules since my son is hard in taking medication oraly. after a month of giving him inhalation no progress he's not better. we took him again and had xray he has bronchitis and early pneumonia. the doctor give us another meds, orapred it's still no progress he still coughs. so he gave him an antibiotic azithromycin still now he coughs. we took him again the other day, and he said it's just bad luck maybe caught another virus. did not prescribed anything and i am really worried about my son. please i need help and opinions. thanks so much! God bless

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• Could be fungal. Often upper respiratory infections are fungal in nature, including pneumonia. Please visit www.wholeapproach.com and print out their questionnaire. It is helpful, but not definitive, in seeing if he may have candida overload. Does he have skin problems? Eczema? Any bowel troubles? History of antibiotic use? These are some of the questions on that list. Please consider this as most docs don't. Find an alternative practitioner who can help treat his candida, if that is what you find he has. Western antifungal meds are extremely toxic and I would steer clear of themBest wishes,DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 11:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • thanks Acuann, my son has no bowel troubles. no skin problems, and no antibiotic history since he doesn't like taking medications. he only coughs for 2 minutes in the morning and through the day he is fine and playing. he didn't really get sick as a baby only when we move to this old house, two months ago. i'm not sure what is in here. thanks for the info. i am also checking the site that you provide. thanks a bunch!!!
    whiteheaven 2 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 00:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • how old is the mattress?how old are the pillows?is there dust under the bed?are the pillows filled with down or feather?is there a feather duvet?is there a houseplant with soil or compost in the room?is the house old?(in which case ,what is under the floor?)is there an animal in the house?is it possible that there is a source of mould spores nearby,like a landfill site or compost heap?is there a potentially irritant paint or plastic in the room,which could be a source of irritant vapour?is there a film of dust on one or more lightbulbs in the room?(burn a little housedust on a hotplate and you will see what i mean!) are central heating pipes dusty?are scented candles involved?is he exposed to cigarette smoke at any time?is he exposed to diesel fumes at any time?is there a carpet?how old?is the room cleaned with a vacuum cleaner?is there an open grate in the room,leading to an old chimney?is there a gas fired boiler....where do the fumes end up?oil fired boiler...even worse.wood fired stove?is there a vehicle parked outside his window?could there be a tiny gas leak somewhere?are propane or butane cylinders present?dried flowers in the room?a tree or shrub close to a window?is a car battery being charged overnight ,perhaps in a garage clse by?are agricultural chemicals stored near?....enough for now?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 10, 2007
    • 05:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hey thanks whoever you are. i just read your long message. now my head raises a lot of questions about this old house. this house is really old, the walls are cement, i don't know whats underneath the carpet since it was new when we move. there is no basement but before you enter the house there is 3 stairs i don't know what's underneath in this house. it must be an old chemical that is harmful to my son. we don't smoke, the car is outside. when i establish my phone line the guy said they rebuilt this old house and i think the heater in the house is gas, from the day that i saw this house i have this bad feeling. it has a big frontyard and backyard for my son to play. i am taking my son to a friend for a week and we'll see what's the progress, we are going to stay there. let you know then. thanks a bunch! GOd bless you!
    whiteheaven 2 Replies
    • February 10, 2007
    • 06:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Maybe he just needs another round of antibiotics and some benadryl
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 10, 2007
    • 07:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • To the last poster: antibiotics are only good for BACTERICAL infections, and can cause a great deal of harm if used indescriminately. To suggest this is just totally irresponsible! Uggh! Taking an antibiotic for 2 minutes of early morning coughing is like getting a lung transplant for mild asthma. I am sorry to be so harsh but you have got to realize how brutal antibiotics can be, especially to a young persons immune system. Whiteheaven, I would really pursue the environmental angle, as there are allergens or even toxic things like mold, radon, carbon monoxide which could be coming into play. Is his cough dry or productive? Seeing how your son does away from his room may be very helpful. Hope you get some answers soon. DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 10, 2007
    • 10:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hey thanks whoever you are. i just read your long message. now my head raises a lot of questions about this old house. this house is really old, the walls are cement, i don't know whats underneath the carpet since it was new when we move. there is no basement but before you enter the house there is 3 stairs i don't know what's underneath in this house. it must be an old chemical that is harmful to my son. we don't smoke, the car is outside. when i establish my phone line the guy said they rebuilt this old house and i think the heater in the house is gas, from the day that i saw this house i have this bad feeling. it has a big frontyard and backyard for my son to play. i am taking my son to a friend for a week and we'll see what's the progress, we are going to stay there. let you know then. thanks a bunch! GOd bless you!Hey, Nice to know . Even my 4 1/2 year old son has similar problem. But he coughs more during night and gradually he starts even in the morning. When I give him Medicine he will be fine and afer I stop within couple of days cough starts again. It's going on for 2 months now. 5 months back we move dto this old apartment all the problem started. I am really worried now.Please let me know moving to your friend's home helped you or not. Please..............
    shubhatg 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Though this post is very old. My son has the same problem. Did you find any solution to this problem?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement