Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Fluid inside ears every day!

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 8, 2007
  • 00:18 AM

I'm an 18 year old female and I need some help. For the last few months my ears are constantly wet inside. Not dripping wet thank goodness, because that would be super disgisting, but so wet that when I put a finger in my ear it comes away with visible fluid. I can also feel the liquid in my ear canal. And when I rub my ear canal I can HEAR the fluid sloshing around in there. Not a lot but enough to make a sound.

The liquid is in the outer-ear part of my ear too, not just in the canal. I thought it was ear wax but whenever I clean my ears the swab isn't coated in nastiness like buildup or anything, so I don't think it's wax.

I've never had this problem before. I first thought it was because I'd started taking hotter baths. I thought the fluid was sweat, and boy did it go down my ear and make my head hurt! It was like I had swimmer's ear or something.

But now I've stopped taking high-temp baths and the problem is still there. Is this normal? Is there any way I can fix it at home?

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• How much cereal do you eat? Have you considered food allergies?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 01:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I go months at a time without having cereal. I'm not really a breakfast or cereal person. :-)I don't think it's a food allergy, either...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 09:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I go months at a time without having cereal. I'm not really a breakfast or cereal person. :-)I don't think it's a food allergy, either...Do you eat wheat? what about vegetable oils?Too much omega 6 lowers the immune system, wheat and corn can do it as well.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 10:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • No, wheat isn't a big part of my diet. There's probably some in the stuff I eat but I never buy wheat products on purpose. I wonder what this could be? It's such an unusual thing...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2007
    • 07:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Oh, there's not an overload of vegetable oils or corn either. If it'd food related it's probably because I have some kind of deficiency. Too much, too little, gah. Ya know?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2007
    • 07:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've ordered some vitamins. They're quite potent yet allegedly safe. I guess I'll try them out. Maybe they'll fix my imbalances or whatever. Thanks for your replies. :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 10:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you been to an ENT yet? It might be worth a doc looking into your ears under a microscope. It's strange it would happen to both ears at the same unless you swim alot. Also has there been any change in your hearing or been sick lately? If you have fluid behind your eardrums you probably need then sucked out (not a big deal just noisey) and an antibiotic eardrop.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 05:21 AM
    Flag this Response
  • HI,'I think you are going to have to get tubes in your ears. I had to at age 35 and wht a relief!!! I need them again and have been avoiding. you have pushed me to get it again'Thanks and good luckMiss Moe's Mother
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 07:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi! I've been taking one vitamin a day since they arrived on the 18th. My ears aren't bothering me anymore as of today! An unfortunate side effect of the pills is that I have sharp shooting pains in my head now. *sigh* It doesn't happen often but when it does it's pretty freaky.dgb, if the problem starts again I'll definitely go to an ENT. Gross, having fluid sloshing around in my ears and I don't even swim... I haven't been sick in a long time but my hearing has changed. Now when I'm listening to music at a medium level I get an earache and a weird feeling like there's a bubble in my ear. So weird...I'm glad reading my post gave you the courage to go get your ears tubed again, Miss Moe's Mom! I hope this time leaves you with as much relief as the last. Later guys!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 24, 2007
    • 09:21 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi! I've been taking one vitamin a day since they arrived on the 18th. My ears aren't bothering me anymore as of today! An unfortunate side effect of the pills is that I have sharp shooting pains in my head now. *sigh* It doesn't happen often but when it does it's pretty freaky.dgb, if the problem starts again I'll definitely go to an ENT. Gross, having fluid sloshing around in my ears and I don't even swim... I haven't been sick in a long time but my hearing has changed. Now when I'm listening to music at a medium level I get an earache and a weird feeling like there's a bubble in my ear. So weird...I'm glad reading my post gave you the courage to go get your ears tubed again, Miss Moe's Mom! I hope this time leaves you with as much relief as the last. Later guys!I do suggest that you see a doctor, rather than live with an underlying illness. My sister had the same issues and left it untreated until one day she got some really hard round ball shaped protrusions under her ears behind her jaws. She then had to see a docter and was diagnosed with a gland problem that was easily fixed by just flushing the ear out with a syringe. I do not suggest you take medical procedures on your own. Please see a doctor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 23, 2009
    • 03:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • :eek:I get this too - have no idea why. See an ENT and have them check your ears and they can order a CT of sinuses if necessary - all of that stuff is connected.Here is a link that goes over possibilities, including a bacterial infection. I get the same thing and just had e coli, of all things, come up in a throat culture - but I have chronic lyme and other severe problems with my immune system. http://www.doctorhoffman.com/wwcom.htmI'm an 18 year old female and I need some help. For the last few months my ears are constantly wet inside. Not dripping wet thank goodness, because that would be super disgisting, but so wet that when I put a finger in my ear it comes away with visible fluid. I can also feel the liquid in my ear canal. And when I rub my ear canal I can HEAR the fluid sloshing around in there. Not a lot but enough to make a sound. The liquid is in the outer-ear part of my ear too, not just in the canal. I thought it was ear wax but whenever I clean my ears the swab isn't coated in nastiness like buildup or anything, so I don't think it's wax.I've never had this problem before. I first thought it was because I'd started taking hotter baths. I thought the fluid was sweat, and boy did it go down my ear and make my head hurt! It was like I had swimmer's ear or something.But now I've stopped taking high-temp baths and the problem is still there. Is this normal? Is there any way I can fix it at home?
    rainsky 28 Replies
    • November 24, 2009
    • 08:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hi! I've been taking one vitamin a day since they arrived on the 18th. My ears aren't bothering me anymore as of today! An unfortunate side effect of the pills is that I have sharp shooting pains in my head now. *sigh* It doesn't happen often but when it does it's pretty freaky.dgb, if the problem starts again I'll definitely go to an ENT. Gross, having fluid sloshing around in my ears and I don't even swim... I haven't been sick in a long time but my hearing has changed. Now when I'm listening to music at a medium level I get an earache and a weird feeling like there's a bubble in my ear. So weird...I'm glad reading my post gave you the courage to go get your ears tubed again, Miss Moe's Mom! I hope this time leaves you with as much relief as the last. Later guys!I'm 18 and I have the same problem with fluid in my ears. My dad has it too. He went to the doctor and apparently it's some sort of benine fungus that always causes your ears to be wet.. He's been getting treatment for it at the ENT. I think they put like an anti-fungal powder in his ear, if I remember right. Good luck..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I think you have what I had. No doctors could diagnose till one suggested cranial oesteopathy. there are 22 joins in teh skull that can get stuck, when stuck the fluid in the cranial cavity that should be moving round abit cuases the stabbing pain, also the leaky ears. simply see the cranial osteo, one treatment and mine was cured after six years, I now go for a maintenance treatment once every six months. also can related to back posre, back injuries, even tail bone all cuasing misalignment to pull onteh muscles up the spine and onto skull that means the crainal sutures get stuck,my osteo also mantains my back and all is well.l However, your ears/nose may flood out after a treatment, amazing stuff, if you have a post nasal drip or have bad back psoture etc, I guarantee this is your trouble, my osteo is really a back man, he hardly believes it himslef, but I feel it each time, and the sinusy nose I also have goes completely. Cranial Ostoepathy, really give it a go.
    aurora 1 Replies
    • January 28, 2012
    • 10:22 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement