Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Fluid inside ears every day!

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 8, 2007
  • 00:18 AM

I'm an 18 year old female and I need some help. For the last few months my ears are constantly wet inside. Not dripping wet thank goodness, because that would be super disgisting, but so wet that when I put a finger in my ear it comes away with visible fluid. I can also feel the liquid in my ear canal. And when I rub my ear canal I can HEAR the fluid sloshing around in there. Not a lot but enough to make a sound.

The liquid is in the outer-ear part of my ear too, not just in the canal. I thought it was ear wax but whenever I clean my ears the swab isn't coated in nastiness like buildup or anything, so I don't think it's wax.

I've never had this problem before. I first thought it was because I'd started taking hotter baths. I thought the fluid was sweat, and boy did it go down my ear and make my head hurt! It was like I had swimmer's ear or something.

But now I've stopped taking high-temp baths and the problem is still there. Is this normal? Is there any way I can fix it at home?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement