Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Tingling and numbness in the neck area

Posted In: Nerve conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 7, 2007
  • 10:25 AM

I'm 32, healthy in general, do sports on a regular basis. For years I have been experiencing a very disturbing tingling sensation in the left hand side of my body (upper section of the spine), which sometimes can last for as long as several days on end...When touching my neck, I feel pain and numbness - the whole area grows numb and then it spreads around affecting the neck and shoulder mobility. It usually occurs to me after a few hours' work in front of a PC. Very unpleasant. The pain seems to emanate from one of the cervical vertebrae, resulting in temporary inability to move my neck and shoulders, as I have indicated before. When moving my neck sideways I hear a distinct series of pretty unpleasant 'clicks'-it's rather creepy, my girlfriend says. This seems to relieve the tension and subsequenctly, the pain, but I'm afraid to damage my neck, so I am quite cautious with those abrupt jerks. Performing circular, rotating motion with both shoulders helps a bit, but then the condition sets in, if I have been static for a while. When tilting my neck downward, as if pointing toward the floor, I feel the same tingling, pinching sensation spreading further down the spine...What could you possibly advise?Should I seek a chiropractor's help?With many thanks and warmest blessings!Saul

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement