Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Water Blisters on my finger knuckles????

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: FixMEdoc
  • February 7, 2007
  • 01:18 AM

Okay...something odd here. Yesterday, while hand-washing some clothes, I felt a stinging pain in my finger and looked to find that there was a clear fluid filled blister on the top of the joint or knuckle closest to the tip of my middle finger. Since I use the oven a lot(for making reborn babies...dolls..I know that it sounds morbid :D but they look cute in the end)...anyway, I thought I must've burned it. I noticed that in the same place on the index finger next to it, there was also a water blister...Could've burned them both, I guessed.

Today, when I went to wash some dishes, the one I'd first noticed, had burst, and was quite painful, so I went to put a Band-Aid on it. When I went to put it on, turning on the light, I realized that many of my fingers(including all of them on the other hand...even my thumb) had either a sore red spot on them(and felt like the spot above your heel in a pair of some new shoes:) ) and others had blisters that were raised due to watery fluid beneath them and looked like a typical 2nd degree burn(and felt like the back of your heel if you left the house, before realizing that those shoes just weren't gonna cut it :eek: ). All are on the knuckle of the first finger joint from the top.

Also, my joints have felt painful and stiff today in my fingers and toes.
I found some info where people had yellow or clear filled blisters that they described as "tiny" or "pinhead", but these are not that small- More like the size of a BB to a pencil eraser.
What the heck is going on :confused: ??????

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Could be a form of psoriasis. http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/p/psoriasis/symptoms.htm#symptom_list It says that 10% of cases has arthritic symptoms. Try seeing a dermatologist.
    deadlysauce 67 Replies
    • February 7, 2007
    • 01:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Okay...something odd here. Yesterday, while hand-washing some clothes, I felt a stinging pain in my finger and looked to find that there was a clear fluid filled blister on the top of the joint or knuckle closest to the tip of my middle finger. Since I use the oven a lot(for making reborn babies...dolls..I know that it sounds morbid :D but they look cute in the end)...anyway, I thought I must've burned it. I noticed that in the same place on the index finger next to it, there was also a water blister...Could've burned them both, I guessed. Today, when I went to wash some dishes, the one I'd first noticed, had burst, and was quite painful, so I went to put a Band-Aid on it. When I went to put it on, turning on the light, I realized that many of my fingers(including all of them on the other hand...even my thumb) had either a sore red spot on them(and felt like the spot above your heel in a pair of some new shoes:) ) and others had blisters that were raised due to watery fluid beneath them and looked like a typical 2nd degree burn(and felt like the back of your heel if you left the house, before realizing that those shoes just weren't gonna cut it :eek: ). All are on the knuckle of the first finger joint from the top. Also, my joints have felt painful and stiff today in my fingers and toes.I found some info where people had yellow or clear filled blisters that they described as "tiny" or "pinhead", but these are not that small- More like the size of a BB to a pencil eraser. What the heck is going on :confused: ??????Hi, I am having the same problem and am wondering if you ever got an answer?Thanks.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • look up dishydrotic eczema i have had it but i have alot of other symptoms
    momzm19 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi, I am having the same problem and am wondering if you ever got an answer?Thanks.Me too, I have only one on my middle finger joint nearest fingernail right over a painful arthritic joint. Does anyone have answers? Mine is recurring, looks like it's gone then fills with fluid again.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I know this is an old post, but my 13 year old son has had blisters all above his second knuckles for about a week. They continue to appear for no apparent reason. They are painful, about the size of a lentil. He was working in dirt about a week ago, but has not done anything since... any ideas?
    Anonymous 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement