Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Sneezing or coughing pain on arms, chest, shoulders & back. Found some relief.

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jerzguy
  • March 13, 2011
  • 00:37 AM

Hello Everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that every time I sneezed I got a shot of excruciating pains that ranged from my arms, back, chest & shoulders that lasted over a minute. The pain felt like it was coming from deep inside my bones. It left my shoulders feeling sore for hours.
I got a real bad cold a couple of days ago which made me sneeze and cough constantly. The pains on my body after sneezing was so bad that it felt like a gang just hit me with baseball bats.
After hours upon hours of online research it seems that the problem is coming from the neck. I have two bulging disc on my neck which makes sense. I went on Amazon today and found a book named "7 Steps to a Pain-Free Life: How to Rapidly Relieve Back and Neck Pain" written by Robin McKenzie and Craig Kubey. Which by the way received 4 stars from 98 reviews.
After reading the review of George A. Themelis (Brecksville, Ohio United States) I tried the proper way of sneezing or coughing is to look up while doing it. To my amazement, no pain. Which supports that it's probably coming from the neck. It seems that when I sneeze or cough the improper way, I pinch nerves on my neck that causes the pain. I ordered the book immediately. If you decide to try this method of sneezing or coughing while looking up. Please let us know your results.

Sincerely,

JerZGuy

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement