Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

rib cage lumps

Posted In: Muscle conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 6, 2007
  • 06:30 PM

I have these hard lumps on my ribs {not in between them}but on the ribs itself, they are not sore, they do not move,they are under my breast,when i get sick they get bigger and i get new ones. some will go away after the sickness.I not dx with anything yet, i have high ANA,rh factor,pain in joints muscle aches,stiffness,this has been since June 06,too make a long story short,what could these lump be?{size of aquarter}some time if i stretch it feel like they are being pulled.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I was searching the internet and came across this forum post, I believe I have the same problem as you. There is a hard protrusion on my third rib on my right side about even with my nipples and about one inch towards my sternum. There is another on my left side which is much larger (about the size of a half-dollar but elongated, the first being roughly quarter-sized). It is on the second or third rib and about the same distance from my sternum. I do not notice more of these as you do during illness, but they do ache at night or when stretching. I also noticed that my collarbone is not symmetrical, my right side near the indentation under my Adam's apple at the base of my neck is much more defined in terms of the bone structure, where the left side is almost unpronounced at all. I can't offer any answers, but at least we're not crazy.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 04:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Could be Lipoma's - fatty tissue.I have about 20 or so over my torso & arms & they sound similar to what you've described.
    abby_diagnosis 10 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement