Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Why does my breath smell like feces after about an hour after eating ?

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 4, 2011
  • 07:51 PM

Why does my breath smell like feces after about an hour after eating ?

I have been told I have hairy tongue, post nasal drip and dry mouth. My mouth never neutralizes any taste. If I drink coffee I will be smelling like a used coffee cup for about half an hour and then the smell will gradually change to smelling like feces. The roof of my mouth is like a super glue which will hold the juice or particle of what I have taken. I have literally to scrub my tongue and the roof of my mouth to get rid of it. After I eat first I use water pick, then I floss and brush and finally use tongue scrapper.The problem is I don't have the opportunity to do this all the time. If I eat out with friends and we spend a couple of hours chatting without me doing the scrubbing I will be ruining the party with my stinky breath. Gum and mouthwash don't help in my case. Gum will make it worse. The only thing which will not give me bad breath is water. Anything else will change into feces in mouth after time.
Now the social consequences... people assume I lack oral hygiene and get offended or angry... . Most lecture me about the importance of oral hygiene and seeing a dentist.The kind ones offer mints and gums. If only they knew I go to the dentist every 4 months, have no cavity or gum disease and brush and floss more often than most people. My dentist said I have to live with it.
Now does anybody has any advice or solution for me. Life is ***l as is with my condition .

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Why does my breath smell like feces after about an hour after eating ? I have been told I have hairy tongue, post nasal drip and dry mouth. My mouth never neutralizes any taste. If I drink coffee I will be smelling like a used coffee cup for about half an hour and then the smell will gradually change to smelling like feces. The roof of my mouth is like a super glue which will hold the juice or particle of what I have taken. I have literally to scrub my tongue and the roof of my mouth to get rid of it. After I eat first I use water pick, then I floss and brush and finally use tongue scrapper.The problem is I don't have the opportunity to do this all the time. If I eat out with friends and we spend a couple of hours chatting without me doing the scrubbing I will be ruining the party with my stinky breath. Gum and mouthwash don't help in my case. Gum will make it worse. The only thing which will not give me bad breath is water. Anything else will change into feces in mouth after time.Now the social consequences... people assume I lack oral hygiene and get offended or angry... . Most lecture me about the importance of oral hygiene and seeing a dentist.The kind ones offer mints and gums. If only they knew I go to the dentist every 4 months, have no cavity or gum disease and brush and floss more often than most people. My dentist said I have to live with it.Now does anybody has any advice or solution for me. Life is ***l as is with my condition .Your main culprit is BIOFILM....pathenogenic bacteria that is always present in the mouth. That is what you smell. You need to reduce your biofilm, enhance your saliva. Google "Clean, Lubricate, Moisten and Protect" and you'll see a pathway to relief.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement