Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

One side numb foot hand face

Posted In: Nerve conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 4, 2007
  • 09:50 AM

A few months ago, I woke up to find that some fingers on my left hand, my left foot big toe and part of foot, and left side of face, mainly lower left lip and left inside of mouth, with some extension to left face were partially numb. They weren't tingling or painful, just partially numb. Also I had full control and use of everything, no weakness or paralysis. I felt fine otherwise.

Went to ER where my initial blood pressure reading was high/normal but later BP went to 200 and stubbornly stayed high. Lots of tests were done, with nothing showing up, no stroke, TIA, other injury or damage, no diabetes.

I have been put on BP medication, which has mostly controlled my BP, though I'd like it lower. The numbness remains the same a few months later, and symptoms have not worsened.

I have a history of lifelong hormonal imbalance and take a thyroid supplement given by an endocrinologist many years ago, even though the thyroid tests were low/normal. The thyroid supplement alleviated some symptoms I washaving at the time and she instructed me to continue taking it permanently.

MS was mentioned as a possibility for the numbness but MRI shows no MS symptoms. Lacunar stroke was a possibility but again, MRI shows nothing to fit.

So the cause has not been determined. After many tests, I've decided that the root cause could be low thyroid, even though tests show up normal, high blood pressure causing some nerve symptoms/numbness, and/or anxiety and stress, which I do have a lot. My blood pressure has shot up, even on medication, to 200 upon visiting a new doctor's office, and I didn't think I was unduly anxious.

I've read these forums and just wonder what anyone else might think of this situation. I seem healthy, fine, able to function and move as usualy, albeit with some partial numb feelings here and there as described. I have not been sick or debilitated at all from the beginning of this. As I said, I've probably had all the usual tests and just wonder if anyone has any experience with anything like this.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement